Advice for someone with severe depression and going through a break up?

So I'm 20 and I've been diagnosed with depression since I was 14 by a doctor. Over the years it has gotten progressively worse and worse. I've been tested and evaluated by a few doctors and I'm on a mental health care plan with a psychologist through my doctor. I also take anti-depressants. I've tried suicide prevention helplines, tried socializing, many sources of support and none of it works. It doesn't help that on top of that I have a serious lack of emotional support from my family and have given up opening up to them. I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years after a complicated and toxic relationship. I've shut down a lot of my social media as well. I've given up on the world and struggle to want to communicate with anyone anymore. I feel like nothing is helping me at all.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Your better... off now... I suggest listening to Music Eminem is good Beautiful good song... find a hoby or work on something to better our self and make you happy your still young trust me you got plenty of time..

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. It means a lot to me.

• You can not expect to be in a relationship with anyone unless you are happy with yourself first remember that... always...

• 24 atm , "enjoying" depression since cca 13 ... get a cat or some other pet, have a walk in nature... listen to music , something that mirrors how you feel wheter it sadness, anger or whatever , do sports/go to the gym, maybe try reading something...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I've been there. Things do start to look up :)
    You will get over your breakup and find someone else who's amazing! :)
    Don't give up yet.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes