A girl left me for her ex. What was she thinking?

Okay I met this girl in college and our relationship was awesome, sexually pleasing and the love was there and we felt that we mutual need each other. However, her ex came back and destroyed all of that. She told me she left her ex because he was a total loser and wanted me because I'm have everything figured out. Just to be honest and clear, her ex is studying at a community college and he is inferior to me in every way. Me on the other hand, Im a student athlete, Im ripped, Im doing great in my classes, Im enjoying life, Im probably the most good looking guy (Matt Bomer doppelgänger) in campus and I manage a kiosk here. I don't like being a narcissist but it's just the fact that she left me for a deadbeat. I'm just so frustrated and it wasn't that I'm not giving her love, I gave her my all and treated her the way any woman deserved to be treated. Now I'm just curious what was on her mind all these times..

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has a separate set of priorities. I did almost exactly what she did 20 years ago, and I have never regretted it. Having nicer abs and a more prestigious resume means very little. Maybe he makes her laugh, maybe he makes her feel good, or maybe he's a better lover. Maybe she misses the friction or his drama. Maybe there is more chemistry between them. Maybe you make her feel inferior. The only one who really knows is her. Just put it in the past and use it as motivation, just like you would with a sucky workout. We all have bad days at the gym, and we all have a few broken hearts. Onward and upward.

0|1
    0|1
    • she told me that her ex was always fighting with her, had a horrible sense of humor and had a small prick. She got fed up and left her. I've been through many relationships before but she pissed me off the most because i really felt that she's the one.

• Show All
    • is it stupid of me feeling bad for her?

• No... when you truly care about someone, it's always hard to watch them make mistakes.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Sometimes people's exes can hold a strange power over them. It could have to do with sentimental memories, the idea that you know them better because you've been in each other's lives for longer, or something else. It's unfortunate but it happens. All I can say is I'm sorry that happened, and clearly she wasn't the right girl for you after all.

0|1
    0|0
    • I had been through many relationships before too and I know reality. It's not unfortunate but ultimately stupid. I don't let any of my memories spoil my future at all

• I understand why you feel like she made the wrong choice- and perhaps she did. But it's hard to know why she made the choice she did, and she may have had her reasons. It sounds like you have a lot going for you, which is great, but looks and success aren't everything. Maybe she truly felt that he was abetter match for her for some reason. Or, maybe she just let her past influence her too much, which would be stupid, you're right.

• You were just a rebound lmao.

0|1
    0|0
    • it's funny cause it's kinda true but Im really pissed off

• There are other girls out there who like pretty boys. You'll be okay.

• thanks

• Omg you sound like a grade A douche bag.

0|0
    0|0
    • hey im just being honest and clear.. n i hate to be a narcissistic douche but it's the truth

What Guys Said 4

• OMG YOU MANAGE A KIOSK! ? HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO MANAGE A KIOSK! ?
    "her ex is studying at a community college and he is inferior to me in every way"
    1. wtf is wrong with community college? Does everyone have to be in ivy league or something?
    2. how is he inferior when you're the one who got the short end of the stick in the relationship?
    3. #BringBackJackKerrouac77
    4. this is 4

0|0
    0|0
    • are you her ex?

• Show All
    • awhh it's alright just stay strong alright

• How long did you guys date and how long was it that she had broken up with him?

0|0
    0|0
    • we've been going great for 7 months and it was 4 months after they break up

• because some people are assholes, just move on man

0|1
    0|0
    • I just hope that she would regret what she did once she realized how stupid she was

• why care? she sounds like a dumbass

• you're probably right.. thank you wise one

• She probobly left, because of your ego.

0|0
    0|0
    • look kid.. i hate being a narcissistic douche and nobody likes being one.. im not one alright, i worked hard to get where i am and i wasn't born with a silver spoon stuck in my ass. It's cold hard facts. I never like rubbing my ego to anyone and never did. This is what happened and its just reality

• Exactly, she left you and thats the reality. Why are you crying about it over here then?

Recommended myTakes