Valentine's break ups?

should a person wait until after Valentine's day to break up with a significant other or just get it over with?

Most Helpful Guy

• just get it over with

Most Helpful Girl

• They should do it well before Valentine's day. The person must know well in advance they want to end the relationship. I can't imagine them just deciding on Valentine's day or even the day before that they no longer want to be in the relationship

It's quite heartless to celebrate it with your SO then end it the day after. It would also be mean to end it on valentines day.

What Guys Said 4

• Lol wait. Holy shit that is savage.

• that is a very worst idea to break up with. the person should do it after valentines day

• looks like the guy is going to get a 440 volt electric shock on Valentine's night. 😂😂😂😂

• He should do it before so he doesn't waste any money on that chick.

• what if its the girl that wants to break up?

• then she should wait until she has all the presents first before breaking up with him.

What Girls Said 17

• Depends on how long you've been together, and how much effort you or they put into this day. I think that if you've been together for a long time, it can wait. But if you've only been together for a few months or less - get it over with ASAP. Because they'll feel even worse if you break up with them after you've told them how much you love them and bought them gifts and stuff.

It happened to my friend once, she was dumped a few days after Valentine's Day, and was really sad and felt stupid and lied to, because he bought her stuff and told her he loved her. (They were only like a month together)

Anyway it all depends on how long you've been together and on the person you're dating (maybe they don't see Valentine's Day as a special day).

• stringing someone along is cruel; just get it over with.

• Do it as soon as you know you want to break up because going through a special valentines date or whatever and pretending is only going to confuse them

• They're gonna bitch either way before or after so it doesn't matter. I prefer before bc then they can't bitch at you for faking Vday. They'll only bitch that you broke up before Vday if they care about that godforsaken day.

• Why not before rather than after or during. Do it when you need to.

• Avoid doing it on Valentine's Day. You'll ruin yours and their day plus if you have been together and have mutual friends it will get around to people and not many people find it respectful

• Well I think its rude to break up on the day because it will always remind them of the breakup whether they're fans of Valentine's or not. Still get it over with as soon as possible.

• there is no point in waiting

• waittt

• yeah please don't break up on. Valentine's day

• Should of done it way before but don't wait until they get you something

• don't be a monster and do it after

• Get it over with. You'll just confuse her if you do something nice on V day and then just brake up with her.

• Don't do either. Wait til the next day and don't do anything in v day

• After it's hard enough as it is why make it worse

• I dont know, I would do it ASAP regardless of the day. Only because if I know I'm going to break up with them I don't want to prolong it. Plus if you're the girl, he might put in a lot of work for valentines and I would feel really bad.

• Do not go out with him on Valentine's Day only to break up with him. Don't do that scene in Crazy, Stupid Love at the beginning of the movie where they are deciding what they want (but Cal thinks it is about dessert).

I would get it over with, unfortunately. it is pretty bad timing and I would say wait if at all possible if you are not sure. but it's definitely better to break up than fake it. Also, prolonging it if he knows something is wrong would be the worst thing to do.