Have you ever been stuck emotionally after a breakup?

Hello everyone, awhile ago I had a a pretty rough breakup with a girl I really cared about after she cheated on me. The girl in question and I had been friends for years before we decided to date. It was great (to my knowledge) and she would always say that I was the only one for her etc. Well... not long after she decided to go back to school she met a new guy and said things like she was "confused", "hurt", "alone" and that she loved both of us.

Then she would have cycles of hating me and then would hate him and talk trash about him to our friends, even though they were dwting. Meanwhile I came to find out that im terminally ill and I decided my time is too precious to waste on this drama. Today her and I dont talk, I've cut her and my old friends out of my life in order to focus on myself. But i still ask myself "how can someone lie about love" and "if she never really carex, about me why not let me go"? Its to the point where some does those are the only two things I think about. I appreciate any stories, advice or anything.

Thanks!
1
2