Why does my ex best friend (a guy) not want me to wear makeup?

My two best friends since 6th grade started dating and had a bad breakup so he stopped talking to her and me(for what reason I'm still not sure). So we're just starting to be friends again and I've started wearing make up. and he hates it! every time I see him its "Why are you wearing make up?", he'll stare/glare at me, lightly insult me, and a couple of times has tried to rub it off my face! and I know it doesn't look bad cause I asked everyone I know if I was wearing too much or it was weird or anything like that and everyone said it was cool. and I looked really pretty. so what's his problem?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• wow that is very intense. I would understand if you wore too much make up or if you did your make up all wrong ( like a clown) but since you don't than he must be crazy. Maybe he was so use to the old you he doesn't like seeing you with make up becasue it makes you look better or in his mind it might make other guys look at you differently and he doesn't like that.

Its just make up he shouldnt be acting that way though , you should try asking him what is his problem with make up. I wear make up , just simple eyeliner and mascara and you can't even tell I'm wearing make up. You should try the all natural look maybe he hates the bright colors. But also consider just ignoring him maybe he is just making this a huge deal when its not.

What Guys Said 3

• i utterly hate make-up...some people like it and say it looks good...i say you are covering up natural beauty...so I'm assuming he feels the same

Now phisicly trying to rub it off...thts kinda strangs...lol :)

• Maybe its a compliment in a way, maybe he thinks your prettier without it

• um yeah, I don't know if ur wearing too much. but sometimes I feel the same way. a lot of the time girls look a lot better with less or no makeup. although, he does sound too damanding. its not a big thing.

What Girls Said 3

• He probably likes you more natural lookng with little to no make up. I would take it as a compliment because many girls think they look bad without it so if a guy likes you without it then just smile and and don't wear it around him anymore.

• he needs to f*** off. lol sorry but he sounds controlling, whether he likes your makeup or not doesn't mean he should be acting like that. I think the fact that you are wearing makeup now makes you look more attractive especially to the opposite sex and he's jealous of that. he thinks your changing. if you look pretty and you like it then f*** what he thinks. ask him why he's wearing the shirt he's wearing or why he has those pants on

• Maybe he prefers seeing yu without makeup..

Like.. maybe he likes yu when yu don't wear any makeup..