Will he come back?

I was in a relationship for 6 years. We have been through our ups and downs, but the kicker was in the heat of a argument, we broke up and he went of and got someone pregnant. We ended up getting back together and I didn't find out about the baby until the girl showed up at our door claiming she had been raped by him to get back at him because he came back to me. Baby is now 2 years old and I just found out that he was still sleeping with this other woman through the pregnancy and a couple of times afterward. I confronted him about it and told him I was done with the relationship so the most he could do is be honest with me. He not only confessed to those encounters, but other encounters with other women that I always suspected, but never looked into it because of my love for him and thinking he wouldn't do me wrong. He has now asked for time to get himself together and make himself better for us. He says he doesn't know why he cheats, or how it even gets that far sometimes, but he would like to take time out to figure out some things, put the baby's mother in order, and get back on his feet so he can be the man that I need. I granted the wish, in hopes of him becoming better. He is a great man with great potential and a good heart, if you truly love someone you have to love everything about them. So what are the chances that he can stop and we can start anew? My thoughts are the change of a lifestyle and ways that you have been doing for years could take months even years to change, would I be foolish to wait?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Look...not to sound, you know, blunt and rude, but after all that he's done, how and WHY can you keep hoping, keep waiting? He's keeping you there as standby, who's to say for sure he'll come back to you? If he's cheated on you before, he can and will do it again. It's as they say, learn from your mistakes. He's done it once, he can do it again. You can't trust someone who's betrayed you and put your confidence in them just because they SAY they're sorry and that they're trying to pull themselves together...that's just as if you told me your best friend betrayed you, made some lame excuse ("I don't know why I did it, honest! I'm trying, I am, to pull myself together. I swear I won't do it again!"), and you still forgave her. Except this is a bit different - it's not friendship, but love.

For all you know, this guy is using you. He's most likely a playboy.

Sorry. But I don't think he'll come back to you.

But hey. We've all gone through things that will teach us something for the future.

You'll find someone out there who will appreciate you and love you the way you deserve.

Don't lose hope; this relationship is just a passage of life.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't mean to sound degradiing but, you are RETARDED if you stay with him. Ok so he gets back with you. And then what? You deal with his cheating the rest of your life? He sounds like a real jackass and you sound like you have love goggles on so bad that you are incapable of putting your foot down. You are a seeming doormat for this guy so therefore, why would he treat you any other way. If I were you I would tell him youve been going to church lately and God wants you to see a real man that will keep his pants up.lol cmon girl in reading this you sound absolutely pathetic. But in the end I hope these words snap you out of it. But unfortunately for you I see you becoming even more of a doormat. We'll see

• Yes, he's not coming back. Sorry.

• Could be, if he has children with another woman he has child support payments to make, plus maintain another household, if he has cheated in the past he will continue to do so in the future if you are ok with that great if not maybe start looking for someone else.

What Girls Said 3

• Listen sweetie, the last thing you need is another person telling you you are "Retarded" or "You're stupid" I don't think you're stupid, You're hopefull, and you are worth SO MUCH MORE! than what you are settling for. Somewhere the is a Man who is Dying to meet a girl like you. Go find him

• chances are low...I would tell him to wait for you and make himself better...but tell him he better work fast because you aren't waiting for him.

• Its foolish to ever put your life on hold and wait. Its not foolish to keep living your life, if he comes back give him the chance to at least explain what's been going on since you were apart.If he doesn't who cares you weren't waiting for it.Just don't slam,seal,deadbolt, and nail the door shut on ANYTHING in life.You never know what can happen.