He broke up with me and wants to be friends, I said I need time. Now he starts texting me?

I was dating a guy for over a month, he broke up with me all of a sudden, saying how he was unsure about moving it forward and didn't want to keep me hanging - which is why he wants to be friends. I said I need time apart if we were to be friends.

It has been less than a week since we broke up and I haven't talked to him since. But today he messaged me with a "Heyy, how's your week been?" ... Why is he texting me now? Is he trying to hook me back in? He was the one that broke up with me because he was unsure. Or is it just a friendly thing? He knows I need time to go back to friends only basis.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, I am very glad that you told him you needed time. It is important that we create some distance so that we can get ourselves emotionally right again.

I (nor anyone else who comments here) has enough information or context to determination his motivations. Maybe he's trying to hook you back again. Or, it could just be that he is ready to be just friends and he doesn't fully understand that you're not there yet. In other words, he may be texting you because, hey, you two want to be friends and he simply doesn't know that you're not ready to reconnect in that regard just yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever it is what's important is to know if he is hurting you then you have the right to just air him. You already clarified to him you needed time and he didn't seem to respect that and it says a lot about a person. These days, people hurt you and pretend like you're hurting them because nobody wants to be accountable for their own shit. Be strong girl! X

What Guys Said 3

• because 1 week is way too long to take after breaking up after a month lmao. he's trying to be friendly.

• he just misses the Sex m8

• He still needs that wet puss hole from time to time.

What Girls Said 1

• he probably misses you