boyfriend won't accept breakup?

I just broke up with my boyfriend. We only dated for 3 months and I just wasn't feeling it.

The other reason is that I work full time and go to school full time and I literally have no time to make a serious relationship work right now either and that I am just not happy with our situation.

I told him this and he won't accept it. He's a nice guy but I know he isn't the one but he feels I am. I feel so horrible for hurting him but I wanted to do this sooner rather than later.

Do I just stop talking to him if he keeps trying to talk to me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just block him and delete him from social media. He may be a nice guy but during times like this it often brings out the worst in people.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• yes; when ending a relationship, make a clean break and stick to your guns... this means not engaging him, even if he's the one reaching out.

in the age of social media, it's not easy to completely cut ties with someone. but you can do it~ i believe in you, young grasshopper!

(/von's attempt at humour for the day lol)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Tell me 1thing, when u entered into this so called good for nothing relationship, didn't this dumbass thought come to your mind that u can't invest time in this relationship? and now I crib out things duh duh duh? Ridiculous!!
    Now that u've done some irreparable damage.. at least have the sense to ralk to him nicely and tell him he needs to move on.. show him what cud b the possibility if he stays with u in this relationship.. he may understand then..
    Good Luck!

0|0
    1|1
  • Yeah don't talk to him, he'll either back off eventually or turn into a psycho. but if you still contact with him he'll get the wrong impression given the fact that he already won't acknowledge your break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes tell him he needs to stop contacting you because your decision is final and if he continues you'll block him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would completely cut ties with him otherwise if he is in denial about it and you keep talking to him he will have hope that you guys will work out and that will hurt him more than if you just cut ties all together

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut off all contact with him. Don't respond to his text or calls, block him on all social media. You shouldn't have to do this, but if he won't accept it, you need to totally cut him

0|0
    0|0
  • just become unattractive to him. it helped my ex girlfriend to get rid of me haha. don't ignore him, that's like the worst thing you can do to a guy after genital dismemberment haha.

1|0
    0|1
  • he likes u so don't kick him out but make it clear to him that u can't give him a lot of time. u might need to change later if things complicate, just be clear about it

0|0
    0|0
  • He needs to get over it. Just tell him that he should move on and that you have more important life challenges to sort out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys won't take a rejection... Too clingy. If he continues. Change phone number, text, and e-mail rejections. Or move.

0|0
    0|0
  • My advice is tell him ur situation clearly and explain him why it won't work out. If still he does then it means he is not matured yet so block him

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea I would think stopping talking to him would be the best honestly... otherwise he'll never move on as long as you two are close

0|0
    0|0
  • well... just block him from all social media. and block his number too. poor guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • other than time, what was making you feel like he wasn't "the one'?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you said the key word "nice guy". So do him and yourself a favor - Dump this fella. Bad boys who break hearts in half are still available...

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 7

• You've got to be firm with him. Explain that you do not feel the same way he does and that you feel it's better to separate. Wish him the best and go on with your life. It's not up to you to stay in a relationship just for his sake.

He has to accept the fact that you just don't feel the same way. It sucks, but it's the way things go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to him but not too much and make it clear that you are not interested in more. Maybe call him and explain this to him if he keeps messaging you. When you have been dumped it's natural and normal for the you to want to talk to your ex and win them over and it becomes difficult to accept. So just put yourself in his shoes and ask how you'd like someone who just dumped you, to treat you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a couple guys totally hung up on me after we broke up. I just said how I felt as kindly as possible, then completely cut ties. That's really the only way I've found guys that get overly attached can accept what's happened and move on. I don't know if they feel harsh feelings, but I'd rather them hate me and move on than be stuck in a rut pining over something that's not there. It's the most fair thing I can find to do

1|0
    0|0
  • Best to go cold Turkey on this one as he probably believes he can change your mind if he stays in your mind/life. Cut all ties and stick to that as it will hurt him more if he feele he has a chance/hope by communicating with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you've already told him how you feel and made it very clear that it won't work for you, you've done all you can. If he won't accept your decision and continues to bother you I'd cut communication completely until he gets his shit together. It's awful that someone had to get hurt, but he needs to respect your choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • ignore him

0|0
    0|0
  • … Try not calling him your boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes