Girls, Back in contact with ex girlfriend after a year of no contact - feelings have returned?

I've recently got back in contact with my ex girlfriend after a year of no contact. I made the biggest mistake of my life and cheated on her after being together for 6 years. I handled the situation so badly when I was caught and as a result we ended up not speaking for a year. We have to an extent met and I thought cleared the air but since then we have spoke near enough every day via text and have reminisced about the good times and memories we had. We get on so unbelievably well, we were so good together and I believe we are meant to be. It's hard as I think feelings have started to return between us as much as I think she would deny that. I received a message from her on what would have been our anniversary asking me if it would have been our anniversary. My head is all over the place and I don't know what the answer is, I love her so much and can't change what I've done but I've changed who I am. I don't know how to approach this in terms of moving on. I've pushed away any other girl that has came in to my life recently as there simply not my ex and I still have strong feelings for her and only want her. I believe she knows I do but I dont want to really open up as I know it will not go down well. I'm giving her space and saying to myself that if it's meant to be it will be however, I do not go a minute of the day without thinking about her, I dream about her. Can anyone shed some light on what they believe she is thinking and how I should approach this.

1