How can I get my ex back?

We were together for a year. We were friends for the first 4 months, then starting sort of dating, then he moved away for work a few months after that, but was only gone for about 1 month. He returned and that's when we started seriously dating. He was the perfect boyfriend in every way. He would take me out every weekend, and during the week sometimes. He would take me to chick flicks, and to shopping at the mall. After a few months of dating, he told me he loves me, but I could never tell him that back because I was so afraid to believe him (my own insecurities). But I was very affectionate. We made out a lot, were very intimate, but we never had sex because I thought I wanted to wait till marriage. And I never spent the night at his place (even though he would ask me to, and he never put any pressure on me to have sex). He would jokingly talk about how he wanted to get married, and wanted me to gave a baby. Maybe he was serious under the joking...? Also, we went all the way across country for a family wedding of his where I met his entire family. He never introduced a girl to his whole family like that. And he would still tell me he's crazy about me and that he loves me...But after telling me for about a month or so, he stopped cause I could never say it back. So finally, after a year it all ended. We never officially broke up. He just stopped calling me, and wouldn't answer my calls anymore. But he emailed me that he thought he may not be the right man to make me happy, that maybe I would give him a chance, that he loves me, but that he's been scared to call, and that we need to talk in person...But we never did! He never called me again...even though I begged him to. Then about 10 months, later I emailed him a short "How are you, I've been thinking about you and would love to hear back" It went completely ignored. But I still love him, what can I do? Email him again and just pour my heart out this time? Please help!

11

What Guys Said 1

• Why don't you just show up at his house and clear the air? But before that maybe you should deal with your own insecurities first~

What Girls Said 1

• hello, girl. I am sorry to sound a bit hard, but it is funny you have not sex with him at all. is 21 century! not 17! I respect your ,dont believe in sex before marriage'', but then you maybe have to find man with same state of mind. when 2 people are together and love each other, for me it is normal to have sex. so, he told you many times he loved you and you still can not believe, no sex...how you expect him to stay with you? healthy, normal women and men do have and want to be intimate, share the love...again, sorry if I am too straight, but my advise is-go on, girl! don't be insecure. he love you. if you can not beat this insecurity, will be all ways like that-alone and not happy. one year is long time and enough to start believe what he tells you. I do not judge you, it's your choice. good luck.