- Yes, when we break up we are done.45%(14)52%(32)Vote58%(18)
- Yes, unless they make me want them back.10%(3)11%(7)Vote13%(4)
- I just want to see what they will do.6%(2)5%(3)Vote3%(1)
- I am curious what will happen but I do not want them back.3%(1)6%(4)Vote10%(3)
- Done is done.26%(8)13%(8)Vote0%(0)
- Other.. please explain...10%(3)13%(8)Vote16%(5)
Most Helpful Guy
Certainly. When I break up with a partner, my decision is final. I don't flee from a mere challenge, either. I will only leave if the person is truly harmful to be around.
They will not change for me, and I do not want them to; the results will be miserable.
It's not that they were necessarily a terrible person overall, just incompatible/inferior.
I would prefer it if my former-partner and I could maintain friendship after they recover, but I know that's easier said than done.1
Most Helpful Girl
If we break up I'm then I'm completely done, I've never gone back for round 2 as the dumper or the dumpee. I don't go back, to me a break is a break up.
I completely understand needing space and clarity at times - but fail to understand why you need to define that as a new relationship status or need more than a few days to do it.
I've never seen a relationship succeed long term when "breaks" occur unless both parties are willing to undergo significant change and as adults that's not really a common theme