When you end a relationship do you actually want it to end?

• Yes, when we break up we are done.
  • Yes, unless they make me want them back.
  • I just want to see what they will do.
    Vote C
  • I am curious what will happen but I do not want them back.
    Vote D
  • Done is done.
    Vote E
  • Other.. please explain...
    Vote F

422

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly. When I break up with a partner, my decision is final. I don't flee from a mere challenge, either. I will only leave if the person is truly harmful to be around.
    They will not change for me, and I do not want them to; the results will be miserable.
    It's not that they were necessarily a terrible person overall, just incompatible/inferior.
    I would prefer it if my former-partner and I could maintain friendship after they recover, but I know that's easier said than done.

Most Helpful Girl

• If we break up I'm then I'm completely done, I've never gone back for round 2 as the dumper or the dumpee. I don't go back, to me a break is a break up.
    I completely understand needing space and clarity at times - but fail to understand why you need to define that as a new relationship status or need more than a few days to do it.
    I've never seen a relationship succeed long term when "breaks" occur unless both parties are willing to undergo significant change and as adults that's not really a common theme