My ex girlfriend left me a few weeks ago, why does it hurt to ask other women to hang out or watch a movie with them?

I dont get why it hurts so much when i ask to hang out to see a movie with someone else.
I did promise her that she would be my forever so i do think about that a lot.
We were pretty serious for only being together for a year where she said it felt like we were together like forever.
Help or advice please.
I deactivated my facebook to avoid trying to look at her page.

11

What Girls Said 1

• You probably don't like change huh, I'd give it a while until you start dating back up again, maybe try down the road and the pain will no longer be there. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 1

• Dealing with Exes:
    Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. An EX is just one in a long line of potential exes. People typically have many relationships in their lives.

Take it from a 52 year old who has lived a while and knows what he's talking about