Have you ever used the 'it's not you it's me' line to someone when breaking up? And was it the complete truth or a little fibbing?

2710

Most Helpful Girl

• *cringe* yes.. unfortunately, not my most honest moments lol it's just so hard to be completely honest when the person is great and you know they'll be really hurt. I'm pretty convincing though so I hope THEY don't know i used that line as an excuse.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I think the world would be a better world if we were all more honest with each other no matter how brutal that is. I broke up with one ex and when she asked why I just told her that it was her not me that she was not a good prospect for marraige or kids as she runs up huge debts, doesn't attend church, has no savings, drinks and parties too much, lives with her parents, can't cook, won't clean, doesn't know how to do laundry, is half assing college, can't sew, can't knit, is lazy, needs help with basic tasks and doesn't want kids until 35 to concentrate on a career. That we had fun and good times but it can't work out and if she wants a great guy like me then she'd have to shape up and get her. Of course she was offended and hurt and her feminist friends were in a blind rage about it and soon told me so lol but I met her a few months ago with her husband and kid telling that she eventually got her shit together after dropping out of college. Now she cooks, cleans, bakes, knits, sews the lot and of course I'm happy for her.