How long does it take for the pain of a breakup to fade?

say you were together 2 and a bit years, they were your dream girl/guy/pomegranateHow long does it take for the pain of a breakup to fade?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well according to 'science' half the length of the relationship. so i guess in your case, a year and a bit...

everyone is different though. and even for the same person, you can get over different relationships at different times. why the relationship ended can also be a factor, whether or not it was amicable, whose decision it was etc. can play a part.

sorry there's no set answer! if it was your relationship that ended i hope you're doing okay and that you know its okay to take all the time you need.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• About a day.

Dealing with Exes:
    Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. An EX is just one in a long line of potential exes. People typically have many relationships in their lives.

Take it from a 52 year old who has lived a while and knows what he's talking about :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I've read it can take up to half the length of the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • All depends but I'd say get about 1/2 relationship equation... or fastest way to get over someone is under someone (s) new... just saying

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• there is no answer to this... it could take five minutes or five years but however long it takes one thing is for sure, it does pass at some point

0|2
    0|0
  • If she was my dream girl we wouldn't be broken up. Seriously, people love to dramatize.

0|0
    0|0
    • so if she was the girl of your dreams, yet you were not hers, you wouldn't be broken up? should think more of yourself man

• No, if I am not her "dream guy" then she cannot be my "dream girl" because it means that she doesn't like something about me, something I can't change. We would just be incompatible and it wouldn't be a good relationship and I wouldn't be sad when it ends.

No good relationship ends with a break up.

• Until the next crush.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me, it was the same length, it took 2 months.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes