What should I do? Will he start regretting?

Okay guys! Now i really need your help... so my ex broke up with me 3 months ago and we were in no contact for 2,5 months.
The reason he broke up was because he no longer saw a future for us and wanted to Break up now so he didn't had to hurt me later..
two weeks ago he started talking to me and kind of flirted with me.. the last week i met him two times with mutural friends and he flirted with me and tried to be near me all the time.
so a couple of days ago he texted me saying he really misses me and he cried a lot.. but he said he doesn't regret breaking up and doesn't want to Get back together because he is afraid he will hurt me again and doesn't think it will work out..
but he wants to stay in contact and want to meet with me..
im really dont know What to do, cause Im still not over him and i want him back, but i think its too early to just be friends..
what should i do?
do you think he will start regretting?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• So many people your age have this idea that, when you break up, you are supposed to go back to being just friends. I don't know why you all think that because it is almost always a horrible idea.

He wants you but he doesn't want you. He is so afraid of hurting you but he keeps you in limbo now without any apparent regard for what that is doing to your feelings at the present. Perhaps he is dealing with his guilt, but that is happening at the expense of your feelings, isn't it?

Don't you deserve a guy who will commit to you? And what guy would be interested in a relationship with you if you are still meeting up with your ex?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh, please don't dig your own grave! You are literally gathering everything you need to self-destruct. It's very respectful of him to not be selfish/lead you by admitting he doesn't want you back, so take this opportunity to run! Away from him. You will only hurt yourself trying to convince him to like you back, while your attachment to him grows! Eeeek!

• Okay Thanks.. so you think the best thing to do is to just cut contact? Do you think he will miss me Even more and want me back then?

• Yes, I'd suggest to cut off all contact. Why does it matter if he will miss you more? He's had 2-5 months to miss you plenty. And he has missed you, but at the end of the day, he still does not see a future with you. You are in a huge denial of what he has told you and you still believe you can change his mind. It's not going to happen girlie, better to let it go! (: