How do I move on after a break up any suggestions?

519

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaches perspective, there are but a few things that will help you move on:

1) Remind yourself why the break-up occurred. In other words, you two broke up for a reason; something was wrong in the relationship. We tend to remember and want to rekindle the good while focusing very little on the reality of the not-so-good.

2) Fill your time with meaningful hobbies, time with friends/family, work. This will get your mind focused on something other than your relationship.

3) Re-find your confidence. The hardest part for most people is the (self-created) feeling that they will be lonely forever, won't find anyone new, etc. This is a lack of confidence and until you re-find yours, the break-up will continuously create this version of a lonely way forward for you.

4) Time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• No contact for starters. Spend as much time as you can with friends and family. Go out and get your hair and/or make up done, just something to make you feel good about yourself. And take some time for yourself to be single for a while.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE