How do I move on after a break up any suggestions?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaches perspective, there are but a few things that will help you move on:

1) Remind yourself why the break-up occurred. In other words, you two broke up for a reason; something was wrong in the relationship. We tend to remember and want to rekindle the good while focusing very little on the reality of the not-so-good.

2) Fill your time with meaningful hobbies, time with friends/family, work. This will get your mind focused on something other than your relationship.

3) Re-find your confidence. The hardest part for most people is the (self-created) feeling that they will be lonely forever, won't find anyone new, etc. This is a lack of confidence and until you re-find yours, the break-up will continuously create this version of a lonely way forward for you.

4) Time.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• No contact for starters. Spend as much time as you can with friends and family. Go out and get your hair and/or make up done, just something to make you feel good about yourself. And take some time for yourself to be single for a while.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Do everything to get your mind off it. Work, hobbies, exercise , hang out with friends/family. Keep busy, don't just sit around thinking about it. In time, it will get easier and easier until you're over it. If your already depressed over the situation it can be hard to do things, but you have to force yourself in the beginning.

0|0
    0|0
  • the best way to get over someone old is to get under someone new. Doesn't mean sex but if you find someone who better than your ex you will soon forget about them.

0|1
    1|1
  • dont think think about it cause if you think about him you won't get over him

0|1
    0|0
  • When u ready date and try again. In the mean time try to find new things to get your mind off of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • The key is focusing on yourself, that you have a good wellbeing. Do you have any hobbies or something you wanted to try but hadn't before? Go to the gym, try yoga, any other fitness activity. Try and eat healthy. Spend quality time with the people that care about you, family and friends. Focus on your life goals and what you want to do.

Break ups are almost never easy to get through. But it helps to keep busy with yourself and surrounding yourself with people who genuinely care about you. It will take time and it may take a while, but you'll be able to get past it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Focus on a new goal in life whether it be school, a new job or any other item not related to a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • just get yourself busy and try to have fun. and know that you will get over it and he was not worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • piss of ur ex by telling her u have someone else u talk too

0|0
    0|0
  • When it is too dark, know that the dawn is not far away!

Take a nice cozy comfortable cotton towel or scarf that feels real comfy in your hands and on your face. Close the mental and physical doors around you. Stay alone. Feel depressed, sad and break down. No one is looking. You are by yourself. Shed your tears freely in a comfortable position on a chair or a bed. Allow them to flow as also fluids from your nose. Feel like a baby questing for your mom's lap for a while. Best is to allow your body to curl into an embryo position on your right side. Forgive yourself. Forgive your mate even if you have decided never to meet again. Shed more tears. Feel the towel around your hands, face, eyes like it is the best friend. Kiss it if you feel like.

Relaaaax... Sleeeeeeeeeeeep...

When you wake up, you are a new person with new life, free and confident to be on your own.

Buy new shoes and go on with them into new roads.
    Hope it helped. Let me know if you liked it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever you do. Don't rebound.

1|1
    0|0
    • what do u mean by rebound?

• Show All
    • You're very welcome! Good luck.

• ok great

• get a new guy i guess

0|1
    0|1
  • Go out and have fun you are free!

0|0
    0|0
  • Get some hobbies and focus on yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just find another bed budy☺

0|0
    0|0
  • Only Time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Get with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Your ex is just one in a line of exes you will have in your life. Get used to it.

0|0
    1|0
  • don't focus on the moving on idea just try to focus on your life and you will move on by time

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I try to just focus on myself and what's in front of me. I don't beat myself up over it or blame myself I just accept what is and what isn't. I try to keep myself busy and hang out with friends and family members. Pick up a new hobby, work out, etc. Surround myself with positive people and people that bring out the best in me. I cut off all contact with the person and block them on all social media including there number. Try to keep your as occupied as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep yourself occupied. Focus on other parts of your life. Spend more time reconnecting the friends and family who will support you. Join a community for support.

Time heals all wounds.

1|0
    0|0
  • free your mind by meditation

0|0
    0|0
  • start with some outdoor activities, go the gym or jst anywhere to get your mind off of who ever you wanna get over

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes