Why do guys cheat?

what are the top three reasons a guy cheats?

55

Most Helpful Girl

• Ego

Ego and let's see...

Ego.

Let us not forget self absorption and selfishness. I do agree with Time that it's both male and female.

What Guys Said 5

• Lack of emotional maturity which leads them to think with the improper head.

Being a low-life human being only concerned with what they can get out of other people.

Not having the guts to break it off with a woman they're no longer interested so they sneak around behind their back like a spineless coward.

• I love this answer... isn't it funny how people like that view good guys as the "cowards, low-lifes, and spineless wimps"?

The good guys are the strongest people out there, it just comes off weak to people because they don't know what love is... :/

• Or, because so many nice guys are expected to be doormats even before being given the chance to be in a relationship with that particular woman; and to be honest, most nice guys don't know how to show their masculinity without coming off as a prick, but it doesn't mean we're willing to be walked on and treated like crap, just because we're nice.

• 1) They get horny and forget about the consequences. It's like asking why kids in high school don't do their homework - same thing.

2) They're too scared to break up with who they are dating after they've fallen in love with someone else.

3) They don't really care about the person they're dating, and so don't bother telling that they're cheating.

Those are some common reasons why I think some people cheat. It applies to both girls and guys.

• For me it is this.

3. It's sex.

2. I'm a sex addict.

And the number 1 reason I cheat... As a sexual addict, I sometimes think in a fantasy world mind set where there are no consequences to my actions. And when I meet a woman/girl that makes indications that she is willing/eager to act in the same manner as what my sexual desires are pushing me, I can't help myself. Love, logic, and common sense goes out the window, and ALL that matters is that the sex is that much better because I know it is wrong & I will get away with it.

• The only reason I even imagined cheating on my girlfriend, with a work colleague, is because I was jealous of her close relationship with a male friend, scared that he would try a ting with her at some point. I was actually insecure because so many guys were moving to her and her wide-eyed naivety about it really annoyed me, the jealousy was driving me insane! Fortunately I couldn't go through with my unfaithful thoughts towards the girl that I worked with. But I took her on a date so that kinda counts, and jealousy was the reason.

• Did you actually like the work collegue like did you want to have sex with her even though you had a girlfriend..or was it purely as a revenge or jelousy type of thing?

• It wasn't purely a jealousy thing because this girl had joined the company about one month before I met my girlfriend and we had connected as soon as we set eyes on each other, one of those experiences where the mutual attraction is clear straight away and we became close friends too, there's no doubt we would have been together if I hadn't met my then girlfriend. At one point I felt like I was gonna have to choose between them and that was annoying, but what I had with my girlfriend was sweet enough to keep.

• It has to do with insecurity and the thought that the grass is always greener on the other side.

What Girls Said 4

• 1. boredom

2. ego boost

3. horniness lol

• because a lot of guys get "bored"

• FEAR OF DEATH ^ ^

• Guys cheat because they either

1. have lost interest in their partner

2. their partner cannot fullfil their sexual desires

3. they crave variety, want to try something different