How to forget a bad relationship?

i've been cheated on after 5 years and 2 mnths. how can i forget and continue my life normally? im not able to find an answer and im tired of this. thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• remember that it's ok to make a mistake, you will learn from your mistake. Maybe you jumped in too fast, maybe she wasn't the right one for you for some reason.

forgive her, she is imperfect and she didn't know what she was doing either. She didn't do it to hurt you. She did it to protect herself from hurting herself. Some times people think it is best to break it off so they don't hurt anymore or they stop hurting the other person if they think they are bad for them.

after learning from it and forgiving her, you need to just learn to trust again. take it slow, and just let it go from there. good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• after 5 years? you have to consider a lot of factors mate...
    was it a one time thing, an accident, was it on-going, etc. I mean sex is just an act, cheating is a blatant refusal to make your so called partner happy.
    If she had sex with someone else... you gotta see the factors.. was she sorry, had it been a long time coming, did you neglect her... i mean.. so much to think about.
    If she cheated once, doesn't make it a "bad" relationship... just means someone fucked up and it can be fixed (plus you get one huge get-out-of-jail-free card)
    so dont be so quick to throw 5 years down the toilet. Take it from an ex-player. That time is valuable.

• my girlfriend the lady that i want to continue my life with have cheated on me. its been 5 years 2 mnths together. we couldnt evolve yet to marrying because I prefer to be economically stable first. she cheated on me from the back once and regrets it a lot. as she said. I love her a lot and wanted to kill myself after knewing. I just couldn't because I'm afraid of her hurting herself after knowing that smthg bad happened to me. I dunno what to do.. we talked a lot and she cried a lot and she want me to stay with her and she promised that she will never do the same mistake again. I'm hopeless and need some help. please what should I do. I love her again just to mention even tho I cried a lot and was desperate and heart and self broken. and of course trust is broken. please help me guys and girls I'm really hopeless and not able to make a decision.

• Dude... your insecurity is huge. She cheated a while ago? its DONE. She said she's sorry...
      like i said this is a big win for you. Now if you mess up... you can remind her that she cheated. But please dont kill yourself. I can see that English is not your first language, and you are pretty decent.. it means you are smart.
      So BE smart and stick with that girl... and marry her. But always know, you have one free pass lol. Cuff that girl before another guy does. stop waiting. if she really loves you... economical stability wouldn't matter to her.

What Girls Said 4

• You can't forget, no one can. Grief is a universally human phenomenon, and it has to be felt. Instead of fighting it, learn it. Talk to it. Let it hurt. Let it have words, even just in your own head. You can't outrun pain, but you can heal it. Let it be real, and then decide what you want to have be the outcome of it. Want to be better, for yourself, want to turn anger into actions but not bitterness. Every single wound is an opportunity, and nothing at all can grow and evolve without a little destruction. It's not your end. I promise.

• think about how shitty she was and how you can do better. also remember that she's out of your life so you can find someone better. not worth thinking about it if she's a piece of shit. You should care less about her.

• what went wrong?

• Time will heal anything

What Guys Said 3

• You shouldn't forget it. You should learn lessons from it, use the experience to improve yourself, and it will help you to appreciate the right guy even more when he comes into your life. Read this:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11176-a-practical-guide-for-how-to-get-over-your-breakup-how-to-get-on

• I broke up with my girlfriend of four year because I found out she was cheating. My life still isn't normal but it's coming back to being normal really I just created a journal where I put my feelings and I would write everyday. Then one day I stopped because I was over the situation. I had to forgive what she did and realize it was her not me and that helped me move on.

• Did y'all break it off? Did she just straight up give up on yalls relationship? Did she try to make amends? People do stupid shit.

Otherwise, people crave change. You would've too eventually. Take solace in that she'll do what makes her happy and you have the opportunity to do the same.