What am I should do?

I broke up with me ex 8 month ago for no reason
I ended a relationship three years ago and for some reason I can’t stop thinking about her this week. Since we broke up this experience of missing her comes and goes in waves. Sometimes I’ll go months without thinking about her then other times, like now, it’s all that’s on my mind. i feel lost
My life did move on. I got a sweet job, a great place to call home, but it’s like, what’s the point of all of this? I don’t have love. I don’t have my best friend.

So what do I do now?

12

What Girls Said 1

• There's nothing wrong missing your ex it's totally normal. but honestly I really want to be back with her that's your choice. If you really wanna be with her talk to her if don't then date other people. If there wasn't a reason to break up your not been honest with yourself or her.

What Guys Said 2

• You're romanticizing a past lover, which means you're using your emotional state (sadness, loneliness, depression?) to paint your view of your past.

You didn't break up for "no reason" ... you're just not being honest about your reason.

It's like you're drunk... you shouldn't drive.

And when you're sad, you shouldn't look back and romanticize past relationships... because not only does this literally change the memory, but it also distorts your perspective.

Basically because you feel shitty you lack perspective.

It's fine to love our past lovers... it's healthy. It's NOT healthy to KEEP thinking about them over and over in a compulsive way. This is like mental masterbation. It's gross and it only hurts you, unless you're looking back with fondness and happiness.

Long story short... you need more friends. People who HAVE perspective, who can remind you of the reality of your past.. people who aren't tainted with emotions that distort reality.

Basically you need a reality check to get your head straight.

Just like you shouldn't go grocery shopping when you're hungry (because you'll buy garbage) you also shouldn't look back sadly at missed opportunities (because you'll remember garbage.)

One huge problem guys tend to have is they lost contact with good guy friends when they fall into serious romantic relationships, and then when they're single again they lack a strong healthy social network of support.

If you're lonely, which is perfectly normal, that doesn't mean you need some past girlfriend like a life support system... that's gross. What you NEED is to stand on your own two feet like a man and learn to be OKAY with your own company again.

AND if you're feeling lonely that's just a sign you miss connecting with people. So go connect with people again. Either with friends, or make new ones. Go have a drink a the bar and be a good listener to other peoples problems.

GIVE to other people, don't be a leach who tries to burden anyone who'll listen, that doesn't work... but instead go out and be curious about others.. and listen to their sad stories.

Through empathy with others you'll feel that connection again you're probably missing temporarily.

The world is filled with more women, who are perfect for you, than you can every possibly meet. Stop sulking about this one, and look forward to the rest! You're worth it.

:D

~ Robby

(My Blog https://www.fullofhateandreadytodate.com/ )

• thanks a lot for your words you are completely right..

• Welcome to adulthood.