Should you beg your ex to come back?

After my ex dumped me. I have never begged him to come back to me. It's been couple weeks since the break up and I am not sure if I should reach out? Is it a good idea? He hasn't reached out either. It's been a little more than 2 months. I wanted him to come back to me but it's not happening. Is it because he thinks I never begged him so this relationship didn't matter to me? I do want him back. Should I reach out to him? Or keep up the nc since he dumped me?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Your ex is just one in a line of exes you will have in your life. Get used to it...

Most Helpful Girl

• don't beg. if you want you can email him explaining what really happened (the misunderstanding part) and see his reaction

What Guys Said 3

• After break ups, men and women tend to crave closeness even more so than before. Consider this -- why did it not work out in the first place?

• We had misunderstandings created by a mutual friend and we had tons of fights over it. I realized this later after the break up. I have never reached out to him after he dumped me in person and told me it's over. So it's been 2 months and I was thinking that I should?

• No to him he don't know the true story what this mutual friend created. I know of it because I found out from someone else that she tried to break us up. She is his best friend and she don't know me well so she made up stories and told him that I am bad for him..

• Mm, yeah I'm afraid he'll probably believe her over you in that case, since you waited so long with an explanation. You may try to approach him/get him back, but if what you say is true, then it may be too late. There's always hope, but don't expect anything.

• I am in the same situation as you. Girlfriend of two years dumped me, said she doesn't love me anymore. I tried reaching out and she acted really rude. Said she doesn't even want to meet me. At least you saved yourself from further hurt by not contacting him.

• Well I do wanna reach out since it's been 2 months since he broke up with me. I am unable to move on I am in a lot of pain and hurt every single day. Unable to sleep too. He did give me closure in person but it was not true. Then I accepted his closure face value at that time and started moving on. I found out his closure was a lie.. and he then started to play mind games online after unfriending me on fb. So now I am back into it again.. I don't know what I should do?

• Let me know when you see this message. I'll delete it from here

• time to move on

What Girls Said 3

• Begging is just going to make you look desperate. If he doesn't come back then he's not meant to, since he broke up with you realistically the ball is in his court.

• Keep up the nc. It's not worth it.

• no... and ex forms part of the past