Is it true if you break a mirror its seven years of bad luck?

1121

Most Helpful Guy

• well it could not get any worse for me if it was to happen, I already have bad luck with women, I'm practically invisible to them, I'm worse that George Costanza, Beavis and Butt-Head, etc.

What Guys Said 20

• Nope. Well, perhaps if you believe it to be true, then it may somewhat work.

If you naturally believe that you'll have bad luck, then you just might get it. Then of course, that's your take on things that happen.

Personally, I feel like I have the worst luck in things. But some good luck happens to me too, I just tend not to notice it as much - or it tends to be little things.

I have terrible "luck" with women. And for the most part, up until about two-three years ago, 95% of them were very nasty on how they rejected me. Now I could look at that and be really down about things; and I usually am. But, I've also managed to avoid dating girls who turned out to have big issues; druggies, alcoholics, habitual cheaters, VERY shallow people, kleptomaniacs, etc. I've dodged some pretty big bullets.

A lot of it has to do with how you view certain situations. Of course, you could happen to have 7 years of terrible luck; people do have bad parts where it just seems like the figurative storm cloud is following you. But that has nothing to do with breaking mirrors. Sometimes, in life, people have what seems like a bunch of really crummy situations.

It's almost like it can become a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts. You rip up a chain letter, and happen to get a crummy day; it's not the chain letter that did it. It's just that you had a crummy day; or that you chose to subconsciously sabotage that day.

• No. To a superstitious person, the first sign of a bad day and they'll attribute that to bad luck. But since when do people have perfect lives with good days ALL the time? Smash mirrors to your hearts desire :)

• possibly! I don't have that problem... it's the dang BLACKCATS that get me! The last time I thought I saw one I chased that mother f'er down just to find out he was a dark dark brown! I was so happy!

• No lol if it was I would be the most unlucky person on earth. I used to help my dad at his construction err rather destruction job. It was the most fun I ever had in my life. Everyday we smashed stuff. I remember we smashed a dance studio and there were mirrors everywhere. I took a sledgehammer and smashed those motherf*****s to my hearts content. God I tell you there is no greater high then breaking stuff. You can just unleash everything you have on something.

• It's true in the sense as that's what the saying says.

It's not true in the comedic sense because my lawyer said he can get me 5.

It's not true at all in reality because there's no such thing as luck (or bad luck).

• only true if you are a 17th century witch.

• some people just want to keep blaming their luck and the bloody mirrors and then the black cats if they're so lazy and careless, it seems like it makes them feel better.

• It is true if you believe in it

• I smashed it and if I was unlucky it should've wounded my fist.

So no.

You're welcome.

• oh my god yes. Once you break a mirror you are cursed for 7 years. The reason for this is because the mirror is essentially you. It's a reflection of your soul of the present, past, and future. You will have to spend the next 7 years picking up the pieces which you broke and piecing yourself together. Watch out because if you ignore this, you will grow bad bad acne! The kind that proactiv can't get rid of!

• B.S.

• Yes! It's only a matter of time.

• If you start to point out every single mishap and disappointment that happens in your life and blame it on bad luck, then yes.

• its actually 9 now because life expectancies went up and the years had to be readjusted

• No.

• Just another Urban Legend...

• It happens deal with it...

• I think it's 7 years of bad f*ck... as in you won't have good sex for 7 years.

• No its not true at all, however if bad things happen to you, its not because of the breaking a mirror, its just a coincidence. Take me for example, I broke a mirror accidentally my kneeing on it in 5th grade It was a hand held one. (my moms) later that year I pulled my hamstring, nothing bad, just I didn't stretch well enough. 6th grade broke my nose, 7th grade, broke my collarbone, and then broke my fingers, 8th grade tore my MCL ligament, summer between my 8th grade and 9th grade year, fractured my hip, 9th grade curled my Achilles tendon and got nailed in the face with a baseball getting 8 stitches on my lip. 10th grade, got elbowed on the mouth playing basketball. stitches in the mouth same area, 11th grade knocked my spinal chord out of place. end of the 7 years right?... senior year, twisted, not rolled, my ankle 2 days before districts during practice, missed my senior year playoff baseball games. later that year, fall my freshman year in college, broke my fingers again. and as of right now nothing this year. I just have what you call. injury prone. even though I don't like to say so. but it is NOT because I broke the mirror in 5th grade

it is just an unfortunate COINCIDENCE.

• Ouch!! oh my goodness! it just hurts to read all that, why you don't just stop playing baseball?

• It wasn't just baseball most of that happened during football

• No

What Girls Said 11

• well I broke one..and that same day I got a raise lol...

• It is only true if you believe it is true. If you really believe something will happen it will happen. As for me, all bad luck is good luck and all good luck is bad luck only because I think that way and I believe it to be true.

• I've broken one and I'm not unlucky... so I'd say myth! :)

• Eh I really hope not. I broke a mirror a few months ago but I've still been having some good luck. ;) But hey if you want to believe no ones stopping you. :)

• it's only true if you believe it.

• no

• Maybe you should find out.

• not true...just a superstition.

• I broke a mirror two years ago but i don't know is it my bad luck or my old mistakes god revenge from me 😂😂😁😁😅

• it's true only if you believe it

• i don't think so I'm not a superstitious person