Why do people cheat?!

All I wish to know is why people cheat? And why would anybody think its OK to abuse someone's trust?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• People cheat because they're unsure of what they want.

People abuse the trust of others because they are simply morons.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 2

• out of sight out of mind...

what happens here, stays here...is he/she don't know then it ain't cheating (don't get caught)

it sucks but, that is a flaw of human will

• Lack of faith in what they have, or unsure of what they want. Or just plain... being idiots.

What Girls Said 5

• I think the most common reason is the person cheating is not happy or fulfilled in the relationship they are in.. There is something missing for them, and the person they cheat with is filling in the hole. The other reason could be from something that damaged them, like a bad relationship or when they were a child, watching their father cheat, etc. But, in reality, most people are not going to cheat if they truly passionately love someone, unless there is some kind of issue beyond their control. Don't stay in a relationship where someone has cheated, they apparently aren't good enough for you. And if you decide to give them a second chance, then at least take a break from the relationship, they have to know that this is not ok with you and they have to feel like they could lose you. Good luck

• My boyfriend cheated on me. It's unfair and unnecessary but the reason why he did it was because he was angry at me and he wasn't thinking everything through when he went over his ex's house. I disapproved of him going over her house but I couldn't stop him...

Cheating is never okay and it's never a solution to anything. It's unfair to the person being cheated on because you don't know how to react to the situation and you get the worst mood swings in your life, you become uncertain with every little detail in your life, and you also start judging yourself on every level there is. It's a horrible thing to go through, but making it out through it is just an award in life saying "Good job that you can deal with this sh*t, hopefully life will get better from this moment on for you."

The only reason why I'm still with him is because I love him and we broke up a few times because I couldn't stand it, but it only lasted like 2 days every time we broke up. We've been together for 2 years and 6 months.

Some other reasons why people cheat are because they want excitement in their lives, because they don't care enough about the other person, and also because some people truly do not know what they were doing.

• Multiple reasons.

Some cheat because they're unhappy and unsure of what they want. Some cheat because they get a thrill, the excitement of doing something you shouldn't, or feel powerful having two people in such a situation.

So. Those are the most common.

• because they don't know how to give the same respect they receive back...they are dishonest, not leal... ? many reasons... anyway, it is not worth talking about it! (thats what I felt when my ex boyfriend of 3 years and 5 months cheated on me)

• basically because people want their cake, and eat it too.