Why is my girflfriend putting up with her ex boyfriend?

My girlfriend is still "best friends" with a guy she dated a long time ago. This would normally be cool with me but he is a complete asshole to me! He disrespects me by touching her and she only tells him to "stop". But she turns around and will touch his shoulders or other stupid stuff. When I was dealing with one of my "exes" who wanted to remain friends, I told her I couldn't because of the way she had treated me, and went behind my back to another guy. All I want to know is how to tell her this without being the "bad person" because truthfully, she'll probably trust her ex more than me...

I feel like I'm fighting this asshole of an ex for my girlfriend. He has blatantly told her that he "doesn't approve" of us dating! WTF?!

31

Most Helpful Girl

• You are angry because of that ex...

Tell her nicely and do not sound like you are blaming him or her... (try not to use "but" and replace all "but(s)" that you are going to say with "and" because it might make whatever you said before the the "but" sound untrue...)

Tell her that you know her ex and her are best friends and you feel uncomfortable when he touches her.. and about them being too close... and hope that she understands how you feel..

A good relationship has commitment, passion and intimacy... You need to share and communicate with your partner...

Try to win her over from that ex by becoming her best friend too !

What Girls Said 2

• If you feel like you're fighting for her over an ex, it's not worth it. It sounds as if she has feelings for her ex still and that's probably why she wants to be best friends and keep touching him. Honestly, if I had a boyfriend like that, I would just leave. And also if she can't trust you, than what's the point of the relationship? A relationship needs to have trust and a lot of it. Without it, it fails as it sounds like it is.

• Start looking for a new gf

What Guys Said 1

• your losing the competition of time because he has known her more than you. addressing this to your girlfriend usually doesn't work so well. the best thing to do is to walk away. if she comes back to you then that is where you give her the ultimatum to stop seeing him. if she does, then it's cool but, if she does go behind your back and continues to see him, then she is definitely cheating on you behind your back, sexually that is. right now, she has the I love asshole syndrome and there's nothing you can do about it until she burns it out of her system.