Why would your ex still want you in their life?

I have another post from a few weeks back but basically me and my ex broke up after 3 years (he dumped me) because he thinks we have different futures in mind.

We spoke occasionally at first and these days we speak for hours on end. Just general stuff but he seems really interested in my life and is happy about some of the changes I've made. I try not to talk about the breakup because he reacts badly to it.

The burning thing for me is that he said he never intends to fully cut me out of his life.

Whst does that mean? Does that mean he wants a friendship or does he still have feelings? I don't want to feel like I'm pinning hopes on us sorting this out but I can't help but feel that maybe he's still invested in me.

I feel like I'm going mad. I can't just stop feeling the way I feel, and if there's a chance it's reciprocated should I go for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that's a good idea to open the door again to that person to create chaos in your life again.
    relationships are like glass. sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than hurt yourself trying to put it back together.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• don't do it, he's only using you. you are being manipulated. when the next best thing comes along you will be dumped again and then when that is done he will come back again, it will be a viscous cycle until you end it.