Am I wrong for planning an April Fools joke on my Ex?

So basically, my Ex broke up with me a month ago, a couple days before Valentine's Day and our anniversary.

And I'm pretty good friends with some of his friends.. And his friend and I are planning an April Fools joke by pretending to date each other.

Mind you, he broke up with me. And from what I've heard from his friends, he doesn't "care." Or does he? He's kinda passive aggressive so it's kinda hard to get the truth outta him. And last summer, we went out for food right before we made it official right? We played a prank on our friend (the guy that I'm pretending to date) that my and ex (friend at the time) were dating each other. I Lowkey had a small crush on him, but he liked me at the time. (The Ex, not our friend. The friend likes a girl in my class.)

If you're wondering, NO our friend and I are NOT into each other. We are friends. And no we are NOT doing this to make my Ex jealous. More like, we were curious as to what would happen if we told my Ex that I had another boyfriend because our friend and I were hanging out like whatever and I put him in my story on Snapchat. I have my Ex's brother on Snapchat, and the brothers pretty close to my Ex so we were like "what if he tells your ex about this? Lmaooo" because I blocked all over social media so that I could move on faster. The point is, I want to see if he cares or not so if he doesn't, I can move on in peace, and I can laugh my ass off as well.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Likely to go very bad because not many guys won't like seeing his mate date his ex

1) Can he take this as a joke and not be serious about it?

2) May cause issues between the ex and the friend. possibly friendship could end.

3) Will he be jealous, I think so, he may deny it but he will be jealous.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Several of his friends told me he doesn't care at all and sent me screenshots of him implying it.

• His friends told me he's purposely avoiding me and laughed it off, at least by text.. I just wanted to see so that I could have even more reason to move on.. I told our friend to wait another week before saying something.. but he decided to do it now.. I was like damn it.. I said a week..

• I personally wouldn't do a April's fool on a ex and you even mentioned he was passive aggressive. it wouldn't work on a ex like that. but hopefully you get this resolved and get a answer for your question