Guys, Will my husband forgive me?

I have been married almost 10 years and together 16. When my husband was working out of town I got drunk one night and when a coworker text me I allowed him to come over. I passed out for a few minutes and whe. I came to my pants were off and he was standing over me. I kicked him out immediately. I realize that it was wrong of me to put myself on that situation.
My husband thinks I was having an affair with the guy. Now he lost all respect for me and says he can never be close to me again. I have tried to apologize many times but he just hates me and seems to have moved on.

it has been 5 weeks, will he ever be able to forgive me? What should I do to prove to him I will never let anything like that happen again? How long should I wait before I give up and move on? We have 4 kids so I really want to work this out.

20

Most Helpful Guy

• gonna be a hard one dude. if i were in his shoes i'd be super pissed.

keep trying to make things right. there isn't any one specific thing you can do that will instantly make him turn around and forgive you 100%. this anger is going to take time to dissolve. keep trying.

• How long should I wait till I try to really ask for his forgiveness. He won't hear me now and it has been 5 weeks.

• everyone is different. that's why i can only say keep trying.