Being friends with an ex?

I and my ex were friends for a very long time before we dated and now we broke up about two months ago but we bump into each other every now and then because of our mutual friends and the tension and awkwardness seems really obvious. So like I want to know is it okay to talk to my ex boyfriend about being friends

Most Helpful Girl

• never hurts to suggest it. I'm still really good friends with one of my ex's but another ex of mine I will not associate with. If you do end up asking him just remember to respect his decision if he feels he can't be friends with you!

What Guys Said 6

• it's better not to be friends... that friendship may come with a tax like (booty call, jealous if you see him with someone else and sex if you have to stay in contact.
    sorry, but there's a high risk of a second heartbreak.

On the other hand, if it's an ex-husband and you have children, it might be in the best interest of the children that you are on friendly terms with each other.

Good luck...

• No dear, he's just an ex boyfriend and though we never had sex, he was supposed to be my first

• You can try but welcome to the real world of breakups. You will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it.

• Yes, but you have to make sure there will be no fall back or anything that will jeopardize the friendship. Sometimes, talking as friends again too soon might be bad as there might still be lingering feelings.

I took about 1 year to be friends with my ex again after not seeing her for so long. Time heals it, I'm not sure about 2 months though.

• Ahh yes, the same sad "new age" story time questions. They usually have the same answers as well - It's called fuck buddies. Or just plain old fashion baby momma / baby daddy. Everyone's doing it nowadayz. Come and join us!

• Friends with EX-wife after divorce. Still can get me off

What Girls Said 1

• Talking about the issue and solving it, would be a really good idea.