Do guys really expect their girlfreinds to be their b**** and do everything that they tell them to do?

My boyfriend is almost 30 years old. I am 24. We have been together for almost three years. Tonight, he flat out told me that I was his bitch and I am suppose to do what he says whenever he tells me to do it. He told me I needed to learn how women treat their man. I do things for him all the time. I clean his house, do his dishes, and do his laundry. All without being asked. I don't do it because I have to, I do it because I care and enjoy helping him out. Obviously, I am neither respected or appreciated. Is this what women have to look forward too? There is not very many times that I will not stop what I am doing to get up and get something for him and I don't have a problem with that but telling me that I have to do everything he says with not saying a word about it, what era does he think this is?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome to relationships, they are hard, people do stupid things and it can get messy faster then kids with a tin of paint. BUT that is not excussable, it one thing that a person should ever have to put up with. I know it is hard to leave, I have had my bad long relationship and it turned sour all of a sudden. But you need to get on top of the problem straight away.

My current partner was more forgiving then most people ever would of been. I screwed up, said something that was way out of line over the phone. She then got in her car and drove 4 hours to where I was and told me where I had gone wrong; how she was not happy with me and all the rest. No physical contact and a look that would make anyone shutter and hide under their bed. After a three minute conversation she walked away got in her car and didn't see her for a week. She refused all contact. And she made me earn her respect back. Everything was on the line. She held all privliages and our long term relationship went back to the pre-dating area. She made me work and work I did because I wanted her respect and it was my screw up.

Don't judge my partners response, I deserved it and if the whole story was told to you about what I said the crows would be after me and you would want to call for a breakup also. With talks with her I learnt a lot, this is years later, and she told me that if I had not done the right thing from that day on I was gone and that was certain. Flowers didn't even work I had to be genuine in my attempts.

I tell you this because he has lost your respectand rightly so. You now need to decide will he be able to gain that respect back or he crossed through a one way door. No one else can decide, but what ever it is stick to it. Breaking up is in an option, he deserves that but you are the only one that can make the decision.

What Guys Said 4

• Walk out the door and don't look back.

There ARE guys out there who will treat a woman right. This guy is an asshole and doesn't deserve a woman. He needs to learn how a man should treat his lady: with kindness, love and respect.

Don't tell him off, don't leave a note, don't give him any heads up at all. Just leave.

• your talking about women who date men with "asshole complex" and yes in that case, it is so...question, why do you find that appealing? you probably don't date nice guys I expect...

• When we first started dating he wasn't an asshole. He treated me amazing. He came over to my place every night and he bought me flowers all the time. He even sent me a cookie bouquet for St. Patricks Day. He always talked to me with respect. Somewhere along the way things changed.

• Try doing this...if he calls you that or anything close to that...walkout for 3 days cold turkey on him...if he does it again after not getting it, then go 3 additional days and so forth until he either changes or you just walk out entirely.

• Ok, I will try it. I hope it works. I really do love and care about him, but I can't live my life being disrespected and talked to that way. I am a very caring person and I don't see how anybody can treat someone that way, especially someone they say they love.

• when will girls learn to get out of bad relationships? seriously no matter how far into a relatinship you are, if it is bad then get out, stop whining about how he doesn't appreciate you and move on, find a guy who will appreciate you, good luck and hope the harsh reality helps

• What do you expect from your girlfriend when you have one?

• That's what the nice guys of the world call a douchebag. Find a guy who'll give you his jacket, we do exist.

What Girls Said 4

• I know you might love him or are surprised in his rapid change and maybe think he'll change back, but the truth is YOU HAVE TO LEAVE! seriously any man who talks to you like that or believes in that load of krap that you have to be some hand maiden to him just becuase your in a realtionship with him, niether respects, appreciates, or loves you. Most assholes actually are the overly sweet ones that lure you in with chocolates and stuff becuase if they were assholes right off the bat, then who the hell would get with them rite? Of course its shocking and damn right dissapointing, but seriously this guy is the worst form of a companion, and extremely sexist and unappreciating, find someone who treats you as an equal, and not as some freakin housewife slave. If you want to talk more or anything you can always add me because I have a lot more to say about this jerk:P

• Ive been in relationships like that before. My ex was 21 and I was 17 me and him broke up a month ago. When I men like that knows he has you and you will stay they will start to change first they will make rude comments then become a d*** he started to beat me.Sometimes you just have to say if yur not going g to respect me hey way I deserve to be treated I don't care if I like or love you I will leave you because I am not going to sit and let you repeatedly watch me like sh*t I deserve more if not the utter best. I am a lady and excpect to be treated like one if he starts to change good if not hun you might have to leave him if he's calling you his bitch might could go bad.

• How long were you guys together? Did he just lose his temper over nothing?

• For a year. he would loose his temper for no reason at all he went from the most amazing guy to a very abusive man not just physical but emotional too he's scream for no reason.

• I would leave this guy fast. When things go bad in a relationship with an abuser, they only get worse. They definitely like to find nice girls who will do anything for them and in your post you said that you are that type. They take advantage of it and expect you to do everything for them. It will get worse, I was in an abusive relationship for 7 years and in the beginning they are very charming. With that said, a lot of men do expect these things out of a woman, but they also realize that they have to have respect for their girl and appreciate it when they do this stuff for them. Trust me, I found a guy now who always tells me how nice the house looks after I clean it and says thank you when I attend to his requests.

• He has no respect for you, don't waste your time on him. He doesn't treat you the way he should. Wait for a guy who actually LOVES you. Damn, who the hell does he think he is? He does not deserve your time or devotion. Dump him, dump him, DUMP HIS ASS!