Is there too much baggage being friends with an ex?

My ex and I dated for 5 months (we were friends first) then broke up a year ago. We've met twice since the breakup but I haven't heard from him since October. Is it true there's too much baggage being friends with an ex regardless of its 5 months or 5 years?

12

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on the relationship. The more love there was the harder it will be. If they barely meant anything to you then it will be like just another friend except for the sex stuff lol

• Can a relationship mean something even if it was only 5 months? It means something to me and I'm pretty confident from him too.

What Guys Said 2

• wellllll, if he's trying to start something that isn't there, yes. but if you enjoy the same hobbies and sports and can talk about that and hang without being awkward, no. you can put it in perspective of him as a friend, not an ex

• if its that long then i think yes , but you have shared life with each other

• So you saying regardless of the relationship length being friends with an ex is always difficult?

• basically yes