My girl of 2+ years left me out of nowhere to go back to an abusive ex. Can I get her back?

My ex and I have been apart for a month now and its been confusing the entire time. She and her ex has kids together ages 3,6,and 7. The kids live with the ex. She divorced him about three years ago because he refused to work and was verbally abusive. He pushed her to the point of attempting suicide! Since she left him the way she did, he gained custody of the kids. He treated her like crap for FIVE years. The two years that we lived together, we were inseparable. We did everything together. I have a close relationship with her kids and I love them as they love me also. Her entire family knows that she has never been happier than the time that we were together. AND her entire family hates her ex. We had plans on getting married but I hadn't proposed just yet(I was gonna do that in the next couple weeks) . Then she decides that she wants to be a family for her kids and decides to move in with her ex and the kids. This shattered all that I thought was good and right in life. She says that she still loves me and that she thinks that we have a future together. I treated her so well that she never wanted for anything. She also said that this was the best relationship that she had ever imagined of being in. And then she abandons me out of nowhere. We now live about six hours apart from each other. We still talk but its not the same. I don't know if she is confused or what. I know she is "The One". My question is can I get her back and how? We are the love of each others life. We belong together but I don't know wut I can do , if anything can be done at all.
1
2