Do you guys still think about your ex?

If so how long were you together? And are you still in contact? With all this being said should I send him a friend request on fb

1629

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. But I also think about girls who just didn't work out, or girls that are friends... just in different ways, obviously.

I generally don't dwell, or think of them a lot.

Am I in contact with any of them? Girlfriends, not really. I talk to one of them maybe once a year, if that... mostly small talk, asking about family, that sort of thing... civil, but not going out of my way for her.

He's probably an ex for a good reason... a lot of exes are not exes just because it didn't work out, or you both are too busy to keep it going, or someone moved... if that's the case, ok... friend him if you want. But if there was bad blood or something like that, then just leave it alone.

I'm not Facebook friends with any ex. They don't need to know who I'm talking to, or not talking to... one ex had issues with jealousy... even with platonic friends. I don't need her being able to check up on me or try to scare off other girls... no. If there are feelings, even in the back of the mind, you both don't need that temptation (again, unless the breakup WAS "friendly" and just based on a circumstance neither of you could control).

Has he friended you? No? Then wonder why... he is either trying to avoid you, can't find you, or not interested in a Facebook friendship. So don't be so quick to friend him. Just my two cents.

Most Helpful Girl

• My breakup is quote recent.. 2 months ago. We had a relation for 7 months. After two weeks we broke up he started this girl which he is now in a relationship with. I am still heartbroken. I don't know what to do. He was my best friend. I want him to be happy but it hurts me that he moved on soooo fast. His reason? He thought I was too clingy even though he always messaged me to come over. He says he still cares about me but really showing that is not... I asked him to not send me pictures of his girlfriend but he still does. All of the friends I hung around with were his so now I am crazy lonely. Ofcourse I also did a lot of things that I can approve but he doesn't want to see what he did wrong. And he did a lot wrong. I always thought things would change but no. When I decided to see a psychologic and felt like things would change, he broke up with me. I still love him. Everything just hurts.

What Guys Said 28

• We were together for about 3 years but were friends for 6 years. We split because life was bring us in a different direction. I cut contact because it was hard to see her not being with me, meeting new guys and such. We reconnected after 2 years and have been friends ever since. We talk now and then, and it's good long hours of catching up.

This only happens if you guys are somewhat okay with each other without any bad blood from the breakup. At the end of they day, you guys were once in love and in ways even closer than best friends.

• Well we were together for 6 months... and he had actually requested me on fb and sc. After a while I took him off, and now I want to add him again... which sounds pretty stupid

• Oh then don't add him again. Don't go back go where you weren't appreciated :/ you might just get hurt again. You are attracted to him because he is familiar in your life. Be strong (:

• Ugh it's not easy, thank you.

• Of course I think about girls from previous relationships. You never forget someone who had a special place in your life. But maintaining a friendship with exes is not conducive to moving forward with your life. Why do you want to do this?

• There is a reason for that guy to be your past/your Ex. The only thing I would recommend is move on, find someone else and if the reason behind your breakup is something that points against him then no you shouldn't be in contact with that person and just forget about your past to find a better future!!

• Does mentally picturing a sexual adventure you had with them while jacking off or humping a pillow in the early morning hours count? If so yeah, sometimes when I'm too lazy or horny to get out of my bed, walk to my pc and turn on Pornhub. Most of my exes were from anything from a few months (common) to a few years (rare), and I didn't keep in touch with any of them (most splits were less than amicable to downright nasty). Most have long since died most likely anyway (unless my first wife is 101yo, or the girlfriend after her who would be 96, or the one after that who would be 116, etc) since it's been decades since I did the relationship thing.

• Bring on those down votes you pink cunts. Don't like the answer then don't ask the question.

• Yes and no, they were apart of your life and that won't go away. Do I miss something about them? Yes, but post break up I always stay away because I feel like at that point you need to collect yourself and see went right and wrong. I think the only reason I miss her is because relationships don't happen for me like most people, I know people who end in several relationships at a time and I only end up in one every couple of years

• I have remained friends with a few ex's for a while, but I have found that it typically isn't a good idea. It can be misleading that there are more feelings still there than there actually are. Cutting all ties can be better for your own recovery from a break up as well.

• From time to time yes. No haven't spoken in 2 years. If you want to that is really up to you but remember things will be different than before.

• From time to time. I don't have any contact with any of them, but I certainly wonder how they're doing from time to time.

• yes sometimes when im having sex and i realize that a certain part of my ex was better than the girl im having sex with i do have a split second of regret.. But its soon replaced with joy when i remember how bat shit crazy she was

• Yeah a lot. I even have dreams where we are happy. I just look at her and just keep looking at her. Never say a thing in my dreams. Just watch her smiling and i get so happy in my dreams and then i wake up and its just a heartache

• yes, when i masturbate. her pussy was so friggen hot.

• Technically my ex is no longer my ex because we're dating again. Stupid I know.

• Yes I still think of my exes... I have them send me Facebook friend request and I always wonder why? So why are you wanting too?

• That honestly depends, if they were together for a long time they just couldn't stop caring for each other. That doesn't mean they still feel for them nor hook up with them though.

• 3 years. not really but she would if she could. Sometimes its hard not to.

• not really

• Not really, but in case if I see her pics on instagram or somewhere it leads me to old memories.

• I never had any ex or dated at all.

• yes, i swear at her all the time

• for those who do: there's drake

• yes we always think about our ex.. BT not regularly.. sometimes we miss them if she was sweet.

• sometimes

• Yes I do, we were together for 5 years.
    The sex was amazing!!! And we had a great relationship, at least I thought so, until I found out She cheated on me with a couple guys throughout our time together, she felt terrible and said she loved me more than I could imagine but that she gets lonely when I leave town for work (I'd leave for 2-4 weeks at a time occasionally for work to other countries) and she will go out clubbing and have fun with her girlfriends while I'm gone, which I was totally ok with and liked that she could have fun without me and enjoy life. Well after so many times of me leaving and her going out she found a couple guys that she fancied and she'd hook up with when I was away. But in her mind it was just for fun and meant nothing!! And she was great in bed and out of bed to me, when I got back as well as whenever I was around, I could tell she did love me. Either way I broke it off after a while I just couldn't deal with it. Now 2 years later we still talk and Occasionally hook up just for sex but more recently she's found a serious boyfriend and plans to marry him so now we just talk and give each other advice. But I will always remember her and she'll always be my fantasy girl.

• No, never.. they are history... forgotten forever.

• I still fuck four.

• Careful with that, one of mine was a skank and she showed up at my door wanting me to eat her out and fuck her and she had a stale load dripping out of her cunt from a former ex. Dunno which one, a few of them passed her around like a football, that's too gross for even me when they don;t shower and douche in between.

• @likitb4istickit Yeah if she's nasty then her fuck list pass will be revoked.

• No, and if I would get a friend request on fb I would delete it

• I still do, I'm trying to get over her because we split up for a good reason. We were passionately in love for about a year, it basically felt like we were constantly falling into each other's eyes, poetically talking to each other and never letting our bodies not feel each other's warmth. I have a casual friendship, just because we had so much in common, but ultimately, I think space is important. I dont think a simple fb request can be damaging, unless it'll be used in a malicious way.

• That's so sad! 😔 So why did you break up?

• it was a complicated. relationship. we were open. She was much older, i wanted kids and she didn't. in the end her actions said it all. she regretted the break so we got back together for a short while, but it didn't work, our relationship would never be the same again.

What Girls Said 15

• Me and my only serious ex are best friends now. We stopped talking for like a year and came back as best friends. We were together for about 2 years. But I feel like you're talking about still having feelings for them? We don't anymore. I'm seeing someone, he's living life...

If you ended on good terms , it'd be nice to see how he's doing

• I think about all of them from time to time to be honest. But only one still sparks emotion in me when I do

• 4.5 years, were only in contact because he owes me money, i mostly just think about what an idiot i was for supporting that loser for 6 months, I don't know dude, adding an ex on fb is kinda weird. One of my exes added me and i haven't accepted the request yet and its been about 5 years since we last spoke.

• He actually sent me a fb and sc request, I accepted and later deleted him. Now I want to add him back :/

• If the breakup was good, and you are still friends, then you could try to friend him! If it was not a good situation, then don't friend him.

• well not really him cus he's a douche but I do still think about the time that we spent together. Only the happy times though. We were together for a year or so. No not in contact. Don't. He's an ex for a reason

• nope, we are "friends" but have nothing to do with each other anymore, we are also friends of fb but that's since years
    I wouldn't send a friend request, get over him, stop going back to the past

• and also we were together for 3 months, didn't worked out

• first thing first don't add him!
      I always do it like that, I take good 2-3 days (mostly the weekend) to grieve, I go through all the pictures and the text and memories and the second day I delete them all. I delete the whole what'sapp chatt + the number and the pictures, I use to keep one picture, my favorite one I save on my laptop, where I don't get to see it often.
      After I go through all the shit again in my head, I also use to write it down and the next days I distract myself with school/work and friends and the nextweekend I go partying and distract myself with not important guys, flirting and going on dates, but not more, till i'm ready.
      I don't want to waste my time with grieve, so I give myself always one whole day and the second like I said delete them all! it's hard but after a week you feel free

• think about it all, progress what everything happened and than really strong tell yourself why it didn't worked out and than go away from it as far as you can! You will learn someone better, there was a reason, why it didn't worked out, your destiny is different

• Nopes, not even friends

• I see him everyday so it's kinda hard not to think about him.
    If you ended on good terms then it shouldn't be weird but don't message him if he's moved on.

• I don't have ex

• Nope.

• i would need an ex to think about 😂

• not anymore

• Yes I do. We were together for more than a year, but were in love for three. We broke up six months ago and I still think about him every day. I was the one who broke up since he was kind of messed up and desperate... he found someone else less than a month later, so I guess he wasn`t worth it. I still care for him, though. Broke my heart that he moved on so quickly.

• Have you tried contacting him?

• he blocked me... so did his new girlfriend...

• If you had broken up & found some one else why should he not move on. Carry on that being so selfish

• I have had 2 exes and i am very good friends with them both :) we talk ocassionally

• yeah, I think about the guy that abused me. No I'm not in contact with him... My boyfriend now deals with my ex if he tries to even come near me.