Can you ever truly forgive someone if you can't forget what they put you through?

Do you think we can forgive someone, when we never forget what that person put us through?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I have forgiven people for things they have done to me in the past. In addition, I have also 'elected' to forget those memories so I can move forward. Personally, if I am going to obtain closure then I try to forgive and forget. The difference for me is that issues that really hit home with me such as lying, cheating. betrayal, being used etc. I might be able to forgive the person but I will never, ever forget because the element of trust has been broken. When I lose trust in someone then it's over, I cannot get past it because it's too essential to me in relationships.

What Guys Said 4

• Recently I have issue with my ex fiance about try to forget her ,

when we broke up it was in a bad term. couple of it I would never forgive her but lately I think of my self and it is time to move on with life can't be alway be mad or sad about a relationship that person did something to u..

I did text my ex fiance and tell her the true how I still care but at same time wishing her good luck, takecare.

now my life is better after forgiving and let someone go.

but I have to thanks my other ex , friends and family for all the support I been through.

• NO I don't think I can, why would I when they made me go through hell.

• Forgiveness is for you to let go of something, someone has done. It isn't for that person. What you want to ask, is can you trust that person again.. That is a personal choice..

• Why would you need to forgive a dead person. If they done something that bad, you would have killed them, right? Or is my logic incorrect?

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it's possible to forgive AND forget.

First of all, that sounds stupid.

If someone hurt you...why would you just FORGET that they did?

I forgive people when they hurt me, but I don't forget. Instead, I learn from it. I make sure it doesn't happen again by talking about the experience.

So forgive and learn from it and move on.

• I will forgive. if you love some one trully-boyfriend, girlffriend, son, friend- I would!!! you can forgive,but is imposible to forget. you can not delete you all memories!!! so, yes, forgivness is good, then you deside what to do. xxx

• I agree with Glntrovert...Forgiveness is when I let go of something and when it doesn't mean anything to me anymore. It's not about that person. It's about making myself happy.

And no...I will never forget what they had done...for me, they are already dead.

• I try to come through, become stronger but I will never forget. I will just keep bad memories somewhere in my head...