What does it really mean when a guy says he's truly in love with his girlfriend, yet cheats on her?

A question for the guys really. Can you really be in love, cheat on her and then still maintain that you're in love with her? And what if you only cheat with one other particular girl- is it possible for you to love two girls at once? :S

53

Most Helpful Girl

• It means he's a jerk!

If you really love someone you wouldn't cheat on them. This reminds me of my brother because when he was younger he would be infatuated with a girl and like the idea of her and love all the things she did for him, but he wouldn't put her needs as a priority and basically used to be a selfish boyfriend. So no if a guy does you like that he doesn't love you. Because back to my brother...when he met his current wife and fell for her he dropped all the other girls and stayed true to her, I could see a change in him and how he treated her. If a man is cheating then honestly he is not worth being with because he doesn't love you as you deserve. If I was either girl I wouldn't tolerate that and don't let him give you bs excuses either! Well I know I'm not a guy lol but I hope that helped.

What Guys Said 3

• You can't be "in love" and then go off and cheat on someone... If you really love someone it's not possible...

It wouldn't even be tempting and it wouldn't even cross your mind if you were with the person you loved.

• It means he doesn't know what love is.

• It's so ingrained into society the monogamy is the only way to go that it's near to impossible to tell if love can exist for more than one person, there are some places in the world where a man will often take two or more wives, personally one is enough unless your the sultan.

The way society is set up now tho, I'd say the guy does not like the girl enough to control his urges, so he might love her a little but not enough to make her exclusive tho...

What Girls Said 4

• wow. sounds like HIM. liar liar liar. he wants it all but he cant. he's just a boy in my eyes... he wants to eat all the chocolate cake by himself - greed then gets so sick after.

• he really wouldn't do it if he loved her

its lies I wouldn't be taken in my him

hope this helpt :))

can you please answer my question on the man that stares at me

thank you <3

• t means he is scum and playing the chick.

• his girlfriend sucks at sex?