Would you move back in with your ex for free rent?

He owes me money from our relationship (which ended 7 months ago) we're both dating new people. I am financially stressed out, he says I can live there rent free for 5 months to pay me back , because he's paying rent out of student loan he can't just give me the cash.

Would you do it? ... we get along great for the most part, but when he p*sses me off.. I can't stand him!

I will be changing one stress to another.. but to be financially in a better place is it worth the risk? There is no one else I know or want to live with, I live on my own.

I've lived with him before, so I know he's clean/respectful in that sense.

Help... what would you do?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, this is a tough one. Would you be sharing a bedroom? If so, I would reconsider. 5 months is a long time to be in a small space with someone who makes you so angry sometimes. If you think you can manage to have your own space at his house, make sure that you have an active social life and you are not around 24-7. It will keep the peace. Also make sure that you are leaving yourself some options too, so if it doesn't work out, you are free. If it only works out for a month or so, you are still saving yourself some major cash. Also, I would recommend to you asking the the person you are currently dating if he is OK with it. And if it's not serious with him, DO NOT tell any one who you start dating that you are living with your ex. It might set off a red flag. Ultimately, you are the one who knows what's best for you. I hope this helps. :)

• Yes it does help..I just needed outside oppion. Not the ones of my friends who all hate him because he's a ex. ( EX FOR A REASON) lol. big liar, owes me money.

but in the end, it will be paying me back finally, and helping me out. Best to be mature and forgive and move on anyways.

oh, and it's a 2 bedroom condo. So I would def. have my own space. - And his new girlfriend lives in another town, so he says he's away lots.. which would be a good thing! =) lol

What Guys Said 1

• I had an exgirlfriend do this and it worked out fine for the two of us.

What Girls Said 1

• I would go for it, he seems like a nice guy so what could go wrong. You could possibly make a great friendship out of this and you should do this for your life atleast. Put whatever aside to help yourself.