My ex broke up with me over a dream?

Hi guys! So, my ex said he dreamt that he was running away from me and said he began to feel insecure and scared about us. I told him it's probably just a dream and that it must be because he never had a serious relationship before. Because I'm in school part time, he feels like he doesn't want to continue as he thinks he will bring my studies down? I told him that it's just school, I can always study and being there for my partner is more important. He said he doesn't want to try anymore. And when I texted him again, telling him to think about it again because I feel that his decision is premature and we can still do something if we both willing. I told him I feel like he's good for me. He replied back with a "you're a good girl, but get a grip. You are not good enough for me". This is a week ago and it still breaks my heart. I can't tell if it's really my problem or is it just him with commitment issues. He never had a girlfriend before me.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds vaguely excuse-ish to me. I think he was looking for a reason and pulled that one out of the hat. I know it isn't a good feeling - but in this case, I'm not sure what you could do other than what you did. He seems to be the one who wants to move on, and you can't force a relationship.

• I see, but I don't think his comments is necessary. Telling me to get a grip and that I'm not good enough fir him is just the lowest

• It is, and that he doesn't want to try anymore seems to reinforce the fact he wants to move on. But then again, most guys lack the grace needed for a proper closure. We're not good at that sort of thing; we just expect to be able to end things and move on. Women are much more emotional about it than men; what you're seeing is his attempt to be what he considers appropriate, and I doubt he'd understand your point of view even if you explained it to him. He probably thought that telling you that you weren't good enough for him would help boost your spirits; a common guy mistake. You have to remember, he sees things his way, not yours. There's a barrier to communication there.

Most Helpful Girl

• "You're not good enough for me", so in the beginning he was trying to make it seem like he wasn't good enough for you and then he switched it around, sounds really asshole of him or he just wants to be an asshole so you're not as heart broken but here's the thing people will be just up set either way. So I would just let him go, if he's able to let you go that easily then let him because you deserve more.

What Guys Said 4

• It isn't commitment issues and the truth is he was going to break up with you anyway he's just using this "dream", if he even had one, as a lame excuse. He's too much of a pussy to tell you the truth. Good riddance you can do better

• why do girls put themselves through this shit. over and over again, they hook up with assholes who are mere children and not men. a real man would support your goals and dreams. that is what a real man does. look for someone more mature and stable/successful. find a guy that treats you right and values you as a person and supports your goals.

• well I really think he has commitment issues because I feel the same dam way your boyfriend or Ex feels but in my situation its totally to understand

• Move on he did. You dont really have a broken heart. You'll realize this when you get the right guy.

What Girls Said 2

• While dreams can sometimes be ridiculous and nonsensical (because you ate spicy wings before bed) sometimes they reveal our feelings we've repressed for a while. By the sounds of it this vivid dream just reaffirmed his pre-existing worries and fears about the relationship. And that's okay. Maybe he's not ready and it's going to suck but that's okay. Now you know and can focus on your goals and desires in life. Hope that helps!

• So crazy