Is it cheating?

when is it cheating when ur married but go into town for a few days and end up falling asleep in a bed with your ex fiancee but you didn't do anything. you just watched a movie in the same bed and fell asleep...is it still cheating?

75

Most Helpful Guy

• The question is why where you seeing your ex? The only reason might be children you have together, but that still does not explain why you were in bed together.

But to address your question. Cheating is based on a breach of trust. If you can not tell your husband (or significant other) what you did, it is a breach of trust and therefore cheating. Ask yourself if you would accept the same behavior from your guy.

Most people would say that you did not cheat, and in the physical sense, I would agree. But you failed to say whether you touched, held each other, kissed, petted, or any of the other "forms" of sex.

What was the movie? (haha, just kidding).

Good Luck,

James

What Guys Said 4

• yes it's cheating...they didn't get there by accident...

• yes...and you know it is and you feel guilty that's why your asking the question.

• well. I would break up. its emotional cheating. its just as bad. I don't think you should even have contact with your ex fiance and until you can dot that and cut him out of you life and completely move on. you should be single.

• Nope but some people might find it hard to believe nothing happened...

What Girls Said 7

• Shouldn't you ask yourself why you were in the same room let alone in the same bed with your ex? Even if there was no phyical contact, it is still a form of cheating. It can still cause emotional stress on your other partner, right? Perhaps if you ask yourself "Should I tell my boyfriend" and the response you get is no, then you know you've done something wrong yet you chose to do it anyways.

• Well did you hope anything would happen while you were sharing the bed with the ex-fiance? The intentions, even if they didn't happen, count as cheating. Plus why did you meet up with your ex in the first place? I think you are a good person for just sleeping and not actually "sleeping" but I honestly think you should tell your current partner about it. I mean how would you react if he just shared a bed with one of his exes but didn't do anything?

• Kinda I sdid wish but I love my new bf

• Then it does in a way count as cheating because I am sure if he took the lead and started kissing you and stuff, something would have happened.

• Mhm mhm. even if you thought for one small second, hey I wouldn't mind doing things with him, all it takes was for him to make one small move, and you probably would have been all over him, next thing you know, you guys are going buck wild. One thing I have to ask is, are you really 17 and married and not to mention have an ex fiance?

• if your telling the truth no. but technically yes because you "slept together"

• Maybe you are just a bit confused.. Are you really under 18? Maybe you just aren't mature enough to be married.. I mean you are married and have an ex-fiancĂ©. But I agree with whoever said emotional cheating. I think you can be friends with your ex, but you shouldn't have been in his bed.

• no but you are playing with some serious fire!

• YES YES YES it's cheating to the extreme. Even if you don't do anything it's with your ex fiancee. that's like the worst thing ever.

• No, not cheating, but a very, very bad idea and one that will likely not be accepted by your spouse. But I see also you say above "when ur married", but in comments you call him your bf. Confusing. Is he your boyfriend or your husband? Guess it matters only so much, it's still a bad idea, but I just think the idea of risking a divorce for something like this is particularly bad.