Is it more likely to be cheated on by the same person if they have already cheated once?

My girlfriend of one year cheated on me about 6 months ago, and she was quite devastated after the break up. me being a forgiving person, i gave her another chance. we've been good since than and have put these things behind us. But i still get a feeling that she could cheat again, any thought?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• This is exactly why most people will say that it's not a good idea to get back together with someone who cheated on you.
    Of course I know that every circumstance is different and there are many variables that would greatly change the situation. However, having said that, you have to ask yourself if you can imagine yourself spending several years, if not the rest of your life, with someone about whom you'll never have full trust in. (Speaking from experience, I know you may think you have regained trust in her but.. all it will take is one small bit of info/event to bring back that all-too-familiar feeling of suspicion+doubt at full-force.)

If you took her back after she cheated once, meaning she got not much more than a slap on the wrist, the likelihood of her or any cheater doing it again is much more likely in comparison to someone who's always remained entirely faithful.

Most Helpful Guy

• i mean once it happens even once you'll never get that nagging feeling to go away, but there should always be redemption in the world and being forgiving is a very hard thing to do so good on you. you'll have to keep some anxiety but you can at least use what you learned the first time maybe? dunno if there were any signs, just keep your priorities straight.

What Girls Said 4

• After it happens to you once. You'll naturally feel insecure because of what happened. But more than likely she is to do it again. I say this based upon experience. One a cheater always a cheater. And the first time is heir fault but the second time is yours because you let it happen again. But it's all up to you.

• The last situation is causing your insecurities. But if you have a feeling that she might be cheating you need to be sure and have proof. Otherwise i say you're feeling insecure

• Yup it sure is possible

• No I don't think so esp. when your young.. people mess up and as long as they own up they should learn something from it. I don't think she's more likely to cheat then anyone else.

What Guys Said 3

• Is a recovering crack head more likely to do drugs again... I think so

• She will cheat again. Frankly I think you are being foolish.

• she could cheat again.