What else can I do to get over my ex? Girls, what is with my ex girlfriend?

I just have had a difficult time with getting over my ex girlfriend. I have started up a new sport, started work out more and even going out to a bar every now and again. But all of this has not really helped me getting over my ex girlfriend. Now a few of my buddies have tired getting me to do a one night stand. I am not the type of guy to do this. I only do that with a girl who it means more then just that. Yes I do have morals.

Now to be honest, I have tired removing my ex girlfriend for 2 months of my life, but then we just started talking more and more. I felt fine since it would just be about our lives in general no real mention of her new boy friend. She admits to me how she tired to avoid telling me about her new boy friend because she knew how much it would hurt me to find out. I take it as that she cares a bit for me. I know that she cares for me, now does she care at the same level as I care about her? I can't tell because really we just spend very little time together and when we do its just really catching up with our lives. Or just flirting/playing a bit with each other. Nothing major but just like shooting straws at each other or trying to pour water on the other. One day when I didn't expect to see her with her new boy friend, I did and well I was in shock and did really show that I hurt. Actually I came across to her as I was mad at her. We talked about it and well she said "I do have a life outside of our friendship, but I do really want you to be apart of my life, I want us to be good friends and to remain as friends through out college". Then either in our beginning of our get togethers or end, we talk about what we did back in our relationship. Like trips we did and stuff we did together, now I feel like I am over reacting to her talking about it or even talking about how she use to distract me sometimes while I was doing something and how I couldn't really keep my eyes off her. Now I usually don't respond to that just kinda go yeah ... that true. But I find it odd since she did say "We shouldn't talk about our relationship anymore". I don't know what to do anymore. I do feel like I am over reacting to the situation. If you have any advice it would be nice ... thanks

21

Most Helpful Girl

• i am gana share this with you from personal expirence. the break up feeling chart is in stages. first you want to die because you miss him so much it hurts so bad. then it goes to man I hate him/her if you want better go!. third it is man he is really gone. fourth you miss him/her and feel guilty moveing on! even when you do there is never that closer and you will always miss him. but time works wonders I guess. just think wisely with you next choice don't get pushed into it don't settle for the first thing you meet. even though you think it is the safe way out by just getting new he/she is not a puppy! people mean a little more lol! take time to get yourself together and see when that chance is to make that closer or move on. I rushed and things turn horrible! but I'm the end the guy I loved came back but now its for good! good luck hope it helps!

What Girls Said 1

• Well it sounds to me like she is just keeping you around just in case this new guy doenst work out as planned...i would stop talking to her all the time don't show her your still not over her just go and live your life and have fun and if she ends up wanting to get back with you later on than go for it you never know you might just end up getting over her and finding a girl who cares for you as much as you care for her.

What Guys Said 1

• My sister said: Text her and let her know you want to be friends but you need sometime away from her. Don't let her talk you out of it. Move on and don't answer any calls. Don't listen to any messages or read any texts. Don't see her. Stay away until you go weeks without thinking about her. Live your life as if she never existed. Try not to think about her. Occupy your mind with things that challenge your mind. Try not to have periods of time when you don't have anything to think about so you will not think of her. Do things to make you happy. Don't do or say anything that will make you think of her. Stop talking about her to people once the initial pain of the break up is over. (The time period when you may be very emotional, think you can't live without them and want to call or text them constantly) Don't date anyone else until your over your ex girlfriend. After you can go weeks without thinking about her at all and can take her or leave her, then you may want to call her and ask if she wants to be friends still. However be careful of your contact with her because if your not completely over her, the feelings will return. And if that happens, tell her your not ready and repeat the process over again. My sister said: This has helped her get over every ex boyfriend she's had and gave me the same advice which worked for me as well. She said time helps more when you don't use that time thinking about your ex.