Friends after a breakup?

I don't really understand why someone would want to stay friends after a breakup? What is your opinion on it, and do you think it's a good idea?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried before with some of my exes. It only lead to sex, and dragging on the inevitable. Just made it more painful. Plus future partners won't appreciate it!! I say bad idea...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm really good friends with a couple of my ex's but that's cause we were great friends before we dated, and neither of us wanted to lose the good friendship we had and we didn't end it badly. I think I have 1 ex that is still my friend and we weren't friends before but I think it's the same with my friends, we didn't end it on violent and bad terms. Plus it great to talk after the fact on what worked and what failed, kind of like constructive criticism

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• deoends on the intensity of the feelings and the manner of the breakup

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Directly after a breaK up, not a good idea. I don't see the issue with being friends once everything had returned to normal and everyone is healed though. I'm still friends with my ex. At one point in my life he was very special to me and even though we've both moved on I'd still like to have him around as a friend to chat if we ever see each other now and then.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it only leads to temptation and a cycle of pain :/

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes