Friends after a breakup?

I don't really understand why someone would want to stay friends after a breakup? What is your opinion on it, and do you think it's a good idea?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried before with some of my exes. It only lead to sex, and dragging on the inevitable. Just made it more painful. Plus future partners won't appreciate it!! I say bad idea...

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm really good friends with a couple of my ex's but that's cause we were great friends before we dated, and neither of us wanted to lose the good friendship we had and we didn't end it badly. I think I have 1 ex that is still my friend and we weren't friends before but I think it's the same with my friends, we didn't end it on violent and bad terms. Plus it great to talk after the fact on what worked and what failed, kind of like constructive criticism