Can I be friends with him?

I've been sleeping with this guy for about 7 months now. He's told me he's not interested but thinks that I'm a sweet girl and that he likes my company. The problem now is that I've become attached to him. I think that we've been taking advantage of each other because I'm a broken person (I was abused as a child and haven't really dealt with it) and he walked in on his ex cheating on him about a year ago (I think). I guess we are just a pair of broken people. I really want to be friends with him, there is a part of me that cares about him and I think it is possible for us to be friends. If I were to be friends with him I'd would not sleep with him and we'd just hang out...no physical stuff. And I've started dating other guys now...so what should I do? What do guys think? Can he and I be friends?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• It's implausible to be friends when you started out FWB...your odds are better with being previous boyfriend girlfriend going back to friends..you both went into this with one mindset and philosophy and now your going against that...how awkward will it be when you are both dating other people and they start trying to figure out how you two came about?...this will open concern for other relationships that you will try to pursue

• Well, I did meet him through a mutual friend, but I see what you're saying...

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• you guys can be friends only for the fact that he doesn't really want nothin more from you then freinds and sex, And I'm hopeing that you feel the same about him...im saying that because he said he isn't interested in you but your sweet...so its good that you are seeing other people don't get attached to him and do not put yourself in the same category as him either because that is just giving him more credit then he deserves.

• Sounds like you could be co-dependant. I think it would be a good choice for you to remain friends. If still sleep with him and like him more then a friend, its gonna be confusing and heartbreaking maybe for you.