Post break up help and advice?

I was with this girl for 5 years and 9 months. Out of the blue she broke up with me, it's been weeks and it's hard for me to move on. I've tried getting closure, but she said she's felt stressed and unhappy. I've tried living my life but I still think about her and worry about her, like I worry she drinks and gets hurt and worry if she's with someone else when I want it to be me. i just need help

41

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't get closure until you give that chapter meaning for yourself (ie: lessons learned together, ways you developed even with the bad). Let it go with compassion even if she was immature, everyone has the right to develop at their own pace. If she's making bad decisions for herself, that's her choice and she's not at her own rock bottom with it yet even if you are. But she decided to go it alone, and decided not to clarify. So you decide what your needs are in a relationship. Someone who will communicate with you clearly, someone open? Decide to ask for those needs to be met by the next person. Get out of the house and pursue a new interest or hobby so you can start writing the next chapter. Don't beat yourself up the days you grieve. Maybe put away painful reminders, avoid snooping or trying to re-engage a conversation. Because 5 years but no explanation, it most likely won't come, and you'll drive yourself crazy looking for it.

• Wait... 5 years but just realized you're 19. You stop now. Of course it ended without mature communication. Advice still stands though.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to get over someone you really like but if it's not meant to be then there's no point trying to force it. Best thing to do would be try and find someone new, or take up a new hobby to take your mind off it. After a while it will get easier but it will all work out in the end even if that means you do stay single. Chin up mate

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like she fell out of love

• The only way to move on in my opinion is to break off all ties with her. Trying to get closure from her kind of defeats the point, tbh. The sooner you decide to stop talking to her, the faster you'll recover. It sucks like hell, I know, but I think that will help you. (Just my opinion.)

• Try to get over it. It's really not healthy. Find someone new...

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!