Can you date your exs best friend?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2112

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but. . . it may cost the two of them their friendship. If not, you may have a problem with your ex saying bad things about you to the new lady. How will you feel when the new lady invites you to a birthday party for one of her friends and you ex is there? It is certainly possible to do this but it presents some unique problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• You could if your ex says "Me and you didn't work out and if you can be happy with my best friend go ahead and try" but remember you will see your ex all the time when you hang with friends...
    Guys normally would not care of the girl dated their best friend, but girls mind. That would be breaking the girl code.
    Girls are more dramatic and emotional and they would feel like you betrayed the friendship...
    I would not date my girl-bestfriends ex boryfriend. I could not do it. Only if that happend years after they broke up and if i really loved the dude.

What Guys Said 11

• Sure you can, if you are both single and available. It might cause a bit of drama but really that's for your friend to negotiate, as he would be the one potentially crossing boundaries. Your ex is your ex so it's not your place to spare his feelings.

• Unless you want potential awkwardness and drama, best just skip this one.

• lol fuck no. they all suck.

• Eh. Maybe depends which ex. Probably not, though. Most of them I don't want anything to do with, and that includes their friends.

• There was a brand new Barbie Doll for this holiday season... called DIVORCED BARBIE.

She has Ken's car, his house, his boat, and most of his money. And she's now dating Ken's best friend Joe.

:)

• You can, but expect the worst to happen. Drama and broken friendships. You could attempt to keep it a secret, but your ex will find out eventually. Was your ex pretty upset about your breakup with him?

• You possibly could but you may be getting someone else's problems.

• uh nope

• Why not?

• it's not appropriate

• We use to pass down broads in my early 20's.

What Girls Said 20

• If i wanted to hurt him or if i liked the guy that much but that's like 4% of chance me doing so.

I prefer not as it can't work out. Ex and his best friends will always stay in touch.

• you can. just expect to never be trusted again.

• Why would you want to? If you tell them anything about your ex... they might tell your ex what you said. I don't trust them...

• yes, as long as you both have chemistry for each other, ur sure its not "revenge" or "rebound". also make sure you talk to ur ex about it. not asking for permission, but like just notify him about it beforehand. And try to avoid acting love-dovey in front of your ex since that might make things quite weird or him.

• If you weren't that serious and your ex is ok with it, sure... but it's a dick move to just move in on that.

• LOL yes ofc... unless you want some drama for years... 🙄

• I did. The first guy was cool, but we are much better as friends since he's into glamour and I'm into jeans. His friend was a controlling twat.

• Nope he'll kill me

• Erm no

• Thank God I have never dated nor had hookups

• What the hell? No...

• I wouldn't. It would just make things awkward and you'd feel "passed around"

• Maybe

• You can if you want. Personally I wouldn't.

• It depends on the situation and how badly it ended and if she's over him

• So awkward..

• Yep but it will be awkward

• you could it's a dickish thing to do tho

• What do you mean by that?

• Depends on who broke up. If you did then no, if he did then yes, if you both decided it together then no.

• Well I did, but mehnnnn I'm beginning to develop strong feelings for his Bestfriend and I think he likes me too. My ex even behaves like am invisible so