Im heartbroken?

Me and my boyfriend have broken up today. Please tell me what you have done to move on. Please, serious answers only. My heart literally hurts from this. Thank you.

517

Most Helpful Guy

• Be patient, it takes time. Understand that it's a process and that the pain is normal. It helps to know the demon that you are facing. Let the grief happen, it's a necessary part of the healing. Don't expect to feel good for a little while and don't expect to be particularly rational or stable. It will come in waves, you might feel good for a brief time and then you'll feel shitty again. This is normal. Again, remind yourself that it's a process and every bit of pain is actually putting you on the path to healing and being stronger.

For now just take one day at a time. There is no quick fix, you can't run from the pain.

Most Helpful Girl

• Allow yourself to grieve the end of the relationship. It is okay to cry, but after you're done crying you need to pick yourself up and keep yourself busy. I'm going through a breakup right now (well it happened a month ago) and I found going to the gym has helped. It's a good way to work off stress and distract me from feeling hurt. I managed to stay friends with my ex but we didn't start talking again until a week ago. Just because this relationship failed doesn't mean that you won't find something better in the future. If not the gym find a new hobby and throw yourself into it. You'll get through this and it'll make you a better person.