Im heartbroken?

Me and my boyfriend have broken up today. Please tell me what you have done to move on. Please, serious answers only. My heart literally hurts from this. Thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Be patient, it takes time. Understand that it's a process and that the pain is normal. It helps to know the demon that you are facing. Let the grief happen, it's a necessary part of the healing. Don't expect to feel good for a little while and don't expect to be particularly rational or stable. It will come in waves, you might feel good for a brief time and then you'll feel shitty again. This is normal. Again, remind yourself that it's a process and every bit of pain is actually putting you on the path to healing and being stronger.

For now just take one day at a time. There is no quick fix, you can't run from the pain.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Allow yourself to grieve the end of the relationship. It is okay to cry, but after you're done crying you need to pick yourself up and keep yourself busy. I'm going through a breakup right now (well it happened a month ago) and I found going to the gym has helped. It's a good way to work off stress and distract me from feeling hurt. I managed to stay friends with my ex but we didn't start talking again until a week ago. Just because this relationship failed doesn't mean that you won't find something better in the future. If not the gym find a new hobby and throw yourself into it. You'll get through this and it'll make you a better person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• You existed before him, and you'll exist after him. It hurts now, I know that. That's normal. Allow yourself some time to process that - you're getting used to a different life. But you will be just fine. You'll come through this stronger than you went into it, and learn from it. All of this will take time, so take as long as you need. And when you're ready, venture back out again.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it hurts it was real,
    Honestly! In my personal quote for real love 'it's like taking a loan of love that you later pay with hatred and affection!.'
    I suggest just cry and break, and let it out, the sooner you pay the debt with hatred and pain and tears the better it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go hang out with your friends! Have fun!! Listen to some sad songs too like; so sick by neyo, sorry seems to he the hardest word and lonely by akon. Go cry, it might take some time, but you will get over it. Delete all the pics of you together. Eat well, stay postive and don't get fat. Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Time is the best cure. But making that time bearable should be your goal. Distract yourself, work on projects or go out with friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Take the time to concentrate on other things 😊

If you don't want to go back into a relationship with him then it is good that you listen to your heart 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what to say. I don't deal with that very well. I will be praying for you both

1|0
    0|0
  • Hun the pains not going to end over night. Accept that first. You lived how many years before him? Probably 17 - 18 years (I'm guessing)

Go no contact and block him from everything, mourn you are fucking human it fucking sucks he broke you heart but don't mourn all the time, keep yourself busy, spend time with friends and familyn take up a new hobby, and don't spend time alone too much so you are in your own thoughts too much.

Know there is nothing you could of done to save this. He was bmgoing to break up with you no matter what. Nothing you could of done differently. Doesn't matter what caused it. If he cheated there's nothing you could of done to stop that he still woukd of cheated.

If you ever find yourself missing him. You are not you are receiving only missing the thought of him. Let's face it he was your life. That chunk is now missing. Find something else to fill that void. Make and find new friends, do whatever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mistakes happen from both the sides, no one is perfect. Its apparent you loved him truly. Love mostly increase with fights, if he is getting upset with you, you must try to convince him with love to let go off his anger and if you are getting upset with him, he must try to convince you with lots of love to let go off your anger. hope that'll help you.
    Enjoy the thick n thins or ups and downs of love.
    Love is a commitment, both of you can't give up for silly reasons... love is eternal. All the best dear. :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Accept the situation and that you'll find someone better. Trust, you'll feel much better soon

0|0
    0|0
  • We'll the first thing, which is the best thing would be to get rid of everything thats his or reminds you of him, and you may not be ready to do this yet, however, when you're ready it will help a lot. I also wouldn't go or go infrequently to places that you may bump into him. And lastly and it may be the hardest part but he has to go off of social media, because every time he pops up, you'll be pulled back another step. I know this isn't for everyone but these are some ways I have cooped with break ups in the past. I am sorry this happened and I wish you the best of luck in the next coming while.

0|0
    0|0
  • exercise.. listen to music.. eat.. sleep..

0|0
    0|0
  • Enjoy being single

0|0
    0|0
  • Accept it. how did you break up?

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on. It's not hard. He was just person.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    1|2

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Right now is a good time when you need your friends. Unlike him, they will always be there to support you no matter what happens.

And understand this- he may not be the one for you. There definitely will be someone out there that you will be with forever. Don't take too much time on him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep yourself busy dont stay alone youl overthink everything.. you can't get over him in one day just take everything step by step.. grief and pain are normal just remember youl feel better with time

0|0
    0|0
  • In the immediate aftermath, I recommend ice cream.
    Long term, take some time to focus on you. Hang out with supportive friends, do activities you enjoy/find stress relieving, etc.
    Best of luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry you're going through this. You'll be okay if you just focus on moving forward, if that's what you want. But don't force yourself to do so.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes