My ex boyfriend wants me back. What should I do?

Last year, just before our break up, he said that was busy when I called him. After that he completely ignored me for two weeks. I tried to contact him for 2-3 days, and then I stopped trying. Two weeks later, he called me and apologized for ignoring me and said that he didn't know why he did it, and that he loved me.

Even after that, things weren't that great between us. A few days later, I asked him whether he even wanted to continue the relationship. He said that he didn't want to hurt me and then broke up with me. The next day he called me and said that he still wanted to be friends. He never picked up the phone when I tried to call him. After that, I stopped trying. A few weeks later, he started calling me. I was still too angry to receive his calls. So I just ignored them. He tried calling me occasionally after that but I never picked up the phone.

A few days ago he called again and I picked it up. He started begging me to come back. He said he's changed and that he's realized that he loves me. He been begging to go back to him ever since.

I don't know what to do. I'm finding it really hard to believe him. What should I do?

He told me that he thought I was flirting with someone else. That's why he broke up. But now, he's realized that he was wrong and wants me back.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Something's not right. When a guy is too busy or decides to ignore you, either he's got something going on emotionally, which can happen, or he was screwing around with someone else (could be very likely as these signs usually point to that). Assuming he was involved with another girl, him begging for you back is indicator that it didn't work out and now he wants you back.

However, guys are human and have their issues sometimes and do stupid things without thinking. I've had guys tell me that they broke up with someone, then a month later realized they made a stupid mistake.

Honestly, from a realistic POV, it seems like he may have met someone else, that didn't work out like he thought it would, and now he wants you back.

Regardless, I'd take it with a grain of salt, as someone mentioned below. If he wants another chance, he has a looot to prove to you before you should give in. If you want, tell him that you're fine with being friends, and BE friends, nothing else. See how he treats you and don't let it get romantic in any sense until he's proven himself. Make it so he has to work hard for it. If he's really serious about wanting to be with you, he won't mind working for it.

What Guys Said 1

• You can trust him just for a week. but if he ignored you for any reason or hurt you, You must break up with him forever.

What Girls Said 4

• talk to him to try to figure out what happened

• follow your heart but use common sense

• Take it with a grain of salt!

• do NOT believe him, he has showed you in the past what he has made of. it sounds like he just wants someone to be there for him and you are his crutch for that. you deserve much much better.