Do guys regret breakups?

My boyfriend of 5 years broke up with me about 1 month ago. He told he loved me but didn't like me. He said he was still pay our shared phone bill even though one of his friends said he shouldn't. He still me has me as a friend on Facebook even though his friend told him he shouldn't. I was going through a hard time lately with everything lately and was suicidal. When he found out he talked me down and saying I didn't need to that and it was stupid. Then he called my friends to come talk to me in person. Am I missing something? Why does it seems like he cares but says he doesn't want to be with me? Does he regret the breakup? Do men regret breakup?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• He's giving you space to work through your suicide. People today aren't loyal. The first sign of something being broken they leave to trade it in.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe after a while, he thought it was better off you two being friends. It seems like everything he's doing are things that friends would do to each other, none of it seems like a romantic hint or anything.

I'm not saying that it's FOR SURE that he only likes you as a friend, but it could be the case. Just ask him what's going on. Confront him about the issue. Don't be afraid to speak up.

What Guys Said 5

• the the girls don't understand is that guys do things they regret everyday and breakups are a huge thing we all regret

• oh okay I understand. it just doesn't seem to phase men the same way it does women.

• it does phase men relatively the same but we tend to hide it and act like it really doesn't

• yes we do we feel the same as you do a break up hurts

• They do regret it , sometimes we're forced to leave the ones we love

• Yes, very much so.

• they regret a lot afater a month

What Girls Said 1

• What was his reasons for not "liking you" ? He seems as though he cares very deeply for you and doesn't hold any I'll feelings and is handling it maturely, rather then cutting you off.