If you somehow learned that an ex of yours is doing really shitty in life would it give you pleasure?

Especially if its an ex you hated?

3811

Most Helpful Girl

• Not unless he had treated me really badly, which would only apply to one.

All the others, I want to hear they're doing well, and I like to imagine, whether it's true or not, that if they are doing well somehow I had something to do with it. I probably didn't, but I'll try to fool myself into thinking I did.

I stay in touch with a few of them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually had this exact situation happen last year. She sent me a friend request after having not spoken for five years. I was curious, so I quickly browsed her Facebook page and learned that her husband wanted a divorce and that her mother had died.

No, I was not happy that things were going badly for her, even though she was terrible to me.

What Girls Said 37

• My ex was my first 'true love' (or so I thought) and I was absolutely head over heels, completely taken with him. Before he cheated on me and left me in the worst mental state I've been, to this day, for two years or so.

This wouldn't make me gain any sort of pleasure from learning that me might be 'doing shitty' in life right now, though. I wish nothing bad upon him. His actions were nothing to be proud of but I choose not to base my entire opinion of a person off of a few cherry-picked instances.

• No, but honestly... I'd be completely indifferent. I don't know if that makes me a terrible person, but it's true.

• I don't know if pleasure is the right word but I have a shitty ex and it gives me satisfaction knowing where he is at in his life.

• Nah, I'm not like that.

• I probably should be, but I'm too compassionate so no it wouldn't make me happy.

• No, I don't wish for people to have it rough. I would maybe feel a little bad for them but I wouldn't really give them that much thought, just like you wouldn't if it was a stranger.

• Wouldn't really think about it.

• If I hated my ex then yeah, at least a little happy.

• Absolutely.

I hope he is in a dead end job, single, ugly and no future.

• I wouldn't get pleasure from it but I'd be thinking... serves him right and move on.

• No of course not.

• i dont hate anybody... maybe i would think its karma, but it wouldn't bring me pleasure..

• No, I'd want each of us to grow after the relationship.

• No. If there was an ex that I really hated, I wouldn't even bother to remember him nevermind care about how he's doing in life.

• no, that would hurt me. i want the best for him. he's a beautiful, generous person.

• my ex was an assh*le and really hurt me... i wouldn't care less

• Nope. Not at all. I would feel bad for him.

• Even though it can be nice to think about I'm not the type of person who gets pleasure by other people's misfortunes. So no, probably not.

• As long as they leave me alone.

• Not going to lie, but yeah I secretly would 🙄 Lol

• Nope that doesn't give me any pleasure at all. Anyone that does feel happy about that is a shitty person.

• I'd just be glad I'm not his baby's momma. Did your ex hit rock bottom?

• If we broke up on good terms then no I wouldn't be happy about it. If I hated him and he was terrible then yes, it'd make me happy.

• Eh not really, who cares.

• It would give me a sense of odd satisfaction, I believe.

• Oh, I already know. And yeeesssss it does. >:)

• i don't think i would feel pleasure

• I wouldn't care

• No. I only have 1 serious ex and we're still friends

• None. Zero. Zilch... I have a heart the consistency of literal mashed potatoes. I only want the best for everyone.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 10

• No, I don't hold petty grudges. I don't really care what happens to her, good or bad. She's out of my life.

• Not at all.
    In fact, it's a reality for one of my exes. I helped her with good advice but she choose not to follow it. Then she asked money. My pockets were sewn.

• Unfortunately more people than not get a kick out of the fact that others are doing worse than them... gives them a mental boost, ego boost

I personally don't care. Hell with her and hell with everyone else too

• I meant I don't care for the first part I said

For my ex, Yea I would care... And I would want to help her

• No probably not.

• Naaah, when i moved on i moved on. i couldn't care less about them then

• No, I dont hate any of my exs

• Theoretically it would if I hated her, and it would make me feel really shitty too. But I try not to keep negative feelings around, and such, I do not really hate any previous partner.

• Yes and no.

• Just for a second maybe