If you somehow learned that an ex of yours is doing really shitty in life would it give you pleasure?

Especially if its an ex you hated?

3811

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex was my first 'true love' (or so I thought) and I was absolutely head over heels, completely taken with him. Before he cheated on me and left me in the worst mental state I've been, to this day, for two years or so.

This wouldn't make me gain any sort of pleasure from learning that me might be 'doing shitty' in life right now, though. I wish nothing bad upon him. His actions were nothing to be proud of but I choose not to base my entire opinion of a person off of a few cherry-picked instances.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually had this exact situation happen last year. She sent me a friend request after having not spoken for five years. I was curious, so I quickly browsed her Facebook page and learned that her husband wanted a divorce and that her mother had died.

No, I was not happy that things were going badly for her, even though she was terrible to me.