Guys, when asked, "Are you seeing someone?"

and you reply I already have a special someone! Does that mean unavailable or in general what do you mean? I am used to people saying I have a girlfriend etc.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that means the same thing as "I have a girlfriend" he's just being kind of cutesy about it.

What Guys Said 4

• When a woman asks me if I'm "seeing someone", my response always varies according to the situation. For instance, if an exceptionally fine-looking and personable woman were to ask me this question, I'd tell her without hesitation that having spent the last four years tending to my 81-year-old, terminally ill mother. And being that my mother was taken ill shortly after my wife was killed in a tragic terrorist-related incident, I haven't been in the compoany of a woman in more than four years. However, if I woman I didn't find attractive asked me this same question, I'd tell her I'm not only married, but an alcoholic, and impotent as well. As you can see, my response would depend greatly on the situation at hand. Hope this was helpful. ; - )

• Not really but I get your point. Depending on the person someone might say something different. So to me he might say he has a special someone and then to another lady he might say married because he wants to nothing to do with here. BTW I like your scripts to the different ladies very nice,

• It's that he's unavailable.

I have a special someone could mean he's gay, and doesn't want to say it, or he's got a girlfriend/wife, or that he's dating someone that he really likes and doesn't want to date anyone else (because he plans on her being his girlfriend soon), or he's lying for any one of a bunch of reasons (though I'd doubt it).

• Hehe who says "I have a special someone"? Maybe he's stalking someone. In all seriousness, it means he is seeing someone; probably his girlfriend, or a girl he's just dating but who he really likes.

Or a girl he's stalking. I'm just saying. :P

• It sounds to me that he has a friend with benefits. And doesn't want to be bothered by you at the moment.

What Girls Said 2

• i think he means I'm seeing someone and its going great I like her a lot but probably but not in relationship lol?

• It probably means that he is with someone but they haven't quite made it "official" yet. Either way, it means they are unavailable for the time being.