Just broke up from a serious relationship and It seems life my ex-boyfriend doesn't care at all?

I had to end a 2 year relationship just a couple days ago and it seems like he doesn't even care. I had a weak moment and checked his social media only to end up in more hurt than I was already in.. I had to end things because of how he couldn't put me as a priority anymore and I was tired of begging him to put me as an importance in his life. He put everything else above me and didn't take the time to care for me like he use to. He would put me as a priority sometimes and then get angry with me because I would get upset over it. I heard all of the "I'm busy" excuses and I got tired of it after trying to be patient with him after a year & a half. It feels like I'm the one who was dumped even though I'm the one who ended things.. Part of me feels like he's putting up a front because that is also apart of his personality but part me feels like he truly doesn't even care anymore.. Even when I broke up with him, all he said was "alright." That's it. I don't know what to do, say, or feel. Do you think he could just be putting up a front and acting tough?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I will say this, i did exactly what your boyfriend did to you and my ex left me for the exact same reason you left him. We were together for 3 years long distance. I'm not here to make excuses because that would be an insult to the love i had for this girl, but it wasn't easy. I should have tried harder, but it was not easy to give her affection over Skype. I worked all day and came back home to Skype, really had nothing to talk about. When she left me, I was completely pathetic for months I would beg her to just talk to me and to at least try to be friends. However she just decided to completely cut me off. Everyone reacts differently i suppose. All I can tell you is, you will find someone who will love you always. There will always be a time where things get tough between you two but anything can be worked out if both sides are willing to compromise. I didn't care how pathetic i looked, all I knew was that I loved her and I didn't want to lose her because i was too weak and depressed not being able to hug her or kiss her everyday. Now i just have to remember what I did for the rest of my life because it will make me a better person, and it will remind me that no matter how hard things get I have to always show the girl I love how much she means to me. Even if the last thing I want to do is smile.

Most Helpful Girl

• Smh.. creeping on an ex after the breakup lol. Big mistake that I have made a couple times myself and learned from. Guys have a different... sleazy way of coping with breakups.
    It's better to be alone than with the wrong person. You're so young and beautiful. There's plenty of bigger and better things to come 😊

What Guys Said 4

• I've had a similar experience in the sense of breaking up and my ex didn't seem to care at all. Just work on yourself. I don't think he's intentionally acting "tough", he probably doesn't see anything wrong with his behavior in the relationship. Maybe you are just incompatible because you need more attention than he wanted to give. Whether or not either of you did anything wrong I can't say since I don't know the details, but if he doesn't care about you why should you care about him in return? I understand how that feels really shitty though so take some time to be sad about it, but then find some new things to do!

• Why do you care? He's an ex

• Still kinda the fact that he's the first serious relationship/love I've had and it's only been 1 day since we've broke up?

• It's over permanently and completely and you will not reconcile and ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after nor will you remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. Get over it and him and move on

• Thanks for being a dick. Hope it made you feel better. :-)

• if he didn't even seem to care about you then he didn't deserve you, I know you're hurt but you deserve so much more than that

• 0|0

What Girls Said 1