So I can move on properly, please help me understand this?

If anyone remembers me, I'm the girl with the boyfriend ( of 8 months ) that didn't have a job or car and stays with his mom, when I met him. So he didn't talk to me for 2 days and finally he did but this text message I wasn't expecting at all.
"Samantha, I've been doing a lot of thinking these past couple days, and I'm sorry to say that I am breaking up with you. đŸ˜¥đŸ˜¥đŸ˜¥ I'm sorry, but I feel like we have grown apart. I know that you thought I was the one for you, but I'm not. You deserve someone better. And I know you your are gonna find that guy that's gonna give you everything your​ heart desires. In all God's honesty I'm just not happy. I'm sorry for making you cry and I never wanted to hurt you, but I need to be alone and start to work on my own life I want to have my own place and car before I turn 23. I don't want to live with my mom any longer than I have to, I'm sorry if you don't understand​. But I do need one big favor, please don't call me or text me or try to come visit me. I don't wanna make this any harder than it already is. Please take care of yourself Samantha, best of luck to you and your family."
He knows I don't care about him not having everything, so why is he giving up, knowing that I was always there for him. I even gave him money for food and never asked for it back.
+1 y
This was all about him not having anything. I guess I couldn't prove him wrong that I didn't care.
7
1