Why can't I get over my ex who's two faced and wants to play both sides?

So my ex and his on again off again girlfriend were together numerous times before me and him dated last year. Then we dated for almost a month. Then they got back together right away right when he broke up with me and they're still together to this day. And I've noticed that ever since he got back together with her, whenever I have contact with him, despite him getting mad I call him sometimes and him telling me to stop calling him sometimes, he's two faced and he plays both sides me and her. He acts like he wants me while he has her. And in the past he's told me and my bff that he was gonna break up with her and he told me that he was gonna go back together with me. But he hasn't done it. And plus I changed my number on New Years Eve so him and his stupid girlfriend don't have it anymore. But anyways, I still feel like I love him after all this time and I still think about him sometimes and I even get depressed about him late at night. Why can't I get over him?
4
0